Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew Erickson

12/22 report

3 posts in this topic

Went out to Bush lake for a couple hours,straight out from the launch.I was marking fish the whole time but only got about a dozen small sunnies and 1 perch.Fish were in 13 fow and hit a chart. ratso tipped with a waxie.

After a week in Albuquerque for work I was ready for some fishing. I made my first trip out on the ice with T.H.E JIG

I got out in St. Paul even though it was pretty nasty out!

It was a pretty slow day but we found a couple gills and crappies. Here is a typical gill for the day.

DSCN1250.jpg

I was going to leave early but decided to stick it out and was rewarded with a fairly decent pike. Lucky for me, he didnt make off with my jig!!

DSCN1280.jpg

I also tried some L-A plastics with some success.

DSCN1271.jpg

The lake has a max depth of 17 feet and we found fish still relating to weeds in about 9-10 feet of water. I was able to get 'gills to come off the bottom and rise to about 5ft down and then they would smack T.H.E. Jig. I was using a orange and white Jig that was 1/64th once.

Pretty impressed with my first trip out with T.H.E. Jig-Thanks a ton CK

Nice report, steeple!

I left the camera behind due to the awful conditions out yesterday - but heck, I had the lake to myself, which doesn't happen often these days even on small, out-of-the-way lakes that I like to fish.

There were times when I had trouble locating my tip-up out the window about fifty feet away due to the hurricane rattling my portable. But the solitude was great. The fish were kind of willing - caught a pair of very nice crappies, & a bunch of little sunnies. The pike were around but hitting very lightly. Didn't hook either of the flags I got and had four minnows picked off my jigging spoon. The only pike I caught was when I set the rod down & didn't notice the bite until it jumped over & hit me in the leg. I suspect he chewed on it for a while - nice 30" plus guy, fat & healthy & made me wish I hadn't left my camera at home.

For what it's worth, the action took place in a flat almost as far from the lake's deep water as you can get, in about 7' of water.

A good day to be out. My wife called me crazy. tongue.gif