• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any news from Swede Grove?

I am debating where to take the kids tomorrow, Swede for perch or Brewer for Gills. Anybody been to Swede lately? Are they driving on it? Any news is appreciated. Thanks! Smitty

wow, 130 views. I guess I am not the only one wondering about Swede. I ended up going to Brewer for Gills. It's to long of a walk for my youngest at Swede in the event that no one was driving out. The gills at Brewer were good sized and very aggressive. I brought home 18 over 7" ( 3 were 9") and 1 11" crappie. Lost another crappie at the hole and a few more big gills. 20 FOW, staight out from the fishing dock 75-100 yards. Waxies and spikes on small white or gold teardops. We only fished 2 hours, my 4 year old slipped and found the hole with his arm up to the shoulder..LOL. Good luck to all and a very Merry Christmas! Smitty

yeah i almost hit Swede this weekend but headed to Franklin. Everyone last yr was talking about the fish tasted bad out of there so decided against it. A couple guys i know did very well there this summer, some pics of nice eyes. They never kept anything. As for Franklin, after puching a bunch of holes we found a weed line along a ledge and were able to get a few eyes. Heading to Ashtubla (nd) on Wed. bro in law has been doing very well.