• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mark and I were out on the lake , 1 fish in many hours was really dead. The only one fish was a bass 14". The ice was 14" thick when i put the ice dipper down the hole to measure it. People were driving around all over the place.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrappiesNCats

• norwall

• morefishplease

• wanger29

Did the marginal bite finally peter out or is it because the access is drifted in. There has been one lonely portable out there the past week. Seems to be slowly sinking into the snow

perch just out into the lake from the channel. nothing worth getting crazy about. have to be their very early though as the bite slows to a near stop once its light out.

not really worth the effort right now

Hey Wanger29

Long time no see. Haven't heard from you since I left channel 6. So how's the fishing down there?

Redbeard5289

Not too bad, been kinda hit & miss. Help me out a little, were you in morn prod.? Wait a sec... Redbeard how ya been? Been a number of years. How's the fishing your way?

Not to bad...Been hitting the reservoirs in Rochester mostly. Even got my 4 yr old son out on the Ice at Foster Arendts twice so far and hoping to make it #3 this weekend. Not an keepers out at Fosters but good bites for the boy with 3-4 in bluegills. Hoping to try willow Creek this weekend..

Man o man, has it been a long time...I'll send you a email in the next couple of days to catch up...

Talk to ya soon

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if any fish are biteing down that way am coming down to Albert tommorow to work for a couple weeks. an would like to do a little fishing between fountain an Albert lea. Was down there for a couple months last summer and managed to have a little fun fishing down there. Any reports thanks.

What's the word on someone falling in down there? Sounds like he's alright and everything. Heard about it over the weekend.

• 2 months later...

Anyone been walleye fishing on Fountain Lake in ALbert Lea? How are the fish looking this year? Action been decent?

Nope, havent been there in years...

I'm thinkin we hit it up when you get home though.

Anyone been walleye fishing on Fountain Lake in ALbert Lea? How are the fish looking this year? Action been decent?

try the south central forum. walleye fishing is better on albert lea than fountain right now. its a safe bet for fish, but cant guarantee the walleyes. i do very well avoiding the masses. fish the dam and you will catch something, but there will also be 1000 other people there that have never released a fish in their lives. i dont fish the dam anymore because the lack of releasing fish makes my blood boil a bit.

I know what you mean about fishing the dam... Me and my borther hit that spot often, and at least twice a week I will see this on specific guy there who will fish his limit of eyes and they just leave with him. I wish the DNR would check this douche bag because unless he is eating walleye for every meal, there is no way he needs that many fish. I will only keep one which we will fillet up that night and eat.

Hey you don't happen to have a brother named Erick do you?? And yea the same thing goes down here in Austin at the eastside and Riverside dams. I always see "them" keeping every dam fish they catch whether its a 3 inch gill or a chub. Its just disgusting. I got a nice walleye thru the ice on Albert lea lake but haven't been over for open water yet.

Call TIP if you see people taking over limits or breaking the law, at times there is only one CO covering 1 to 2 county's and fallowing up on tips as well as patrolling, unfortunately they don't have the numbers to be all over.

Hey you don't happen to have a brother named Erick do you?? And yea the same thing goes down here in Austin at the eastside and Riverside dams. I always see "them" keeping every dam fish they catch whether its a 3 inch gill or a chub. Its just disgusting. I got a nice walleye thru the ice on Albert lea lake but haven't been over for open water yet.

HAHA, yep hes got a sister named Erick smile

haha sister thats funny! ya I was in the scouts with him back in the day

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been fishing this lake lately. Always seems to be people fishing from shore near the outlet bridge but never more than a couple boats on the lake. Thinking of giving it a try if it ever quits raining!

It's full of walleyes that need to be thinned out. The winter carp netters caught more walleyes than carp! Walleyes in DNR survey nets were really high too.

Wouldn't hurt to take the boat out for a few laps around the shoreline and a line in the water.

Yeah the lake is full of nice eyes,you just have to locate them.Just hit the bridge and some of those points out there and you should find some(10"-26").Also move along the shoreline.

Was out there yesterday with no rain finally and did ok but they were 12"-13"ers so they went back.nothing by the bridge for us just in 6-6.5' of water caught 10 in about 1 hour until the crowd moved in which was fine then it slowed down big time.but what a nice day to be out there.has anyone been hitting the bridge by the pits lately hows that,alot of people on shore by the dam though must be hitting there also with all the rain.Good luck!

I've looked at maps of this lake and it looks real shallow, does it get real weedy? Also how is the public access?

not weedy at all. mostly sludge. the public accesses are fine there with plenty of parking space. its shallow so find the holes/moving water and find the fish

• 2 weeks later...

What's with those guys wading out there off the bridge with the float-suits on? They really tear up the water where everyone's fishing.

Here was a short blurb from last Friday:

Walleye are biting on Albert Lea Lake

by Dick Herfindahl

Albert Lea Tribune

It’s not a very well kept secret anymore! The walleye bite on Albert Lea Lake has been good as of late and judging by the number of boats and people fishing there are plenty of fish being caught. You can look out on the lake almost any time of day or night and see boats; this is the sign that fishing is good. I know of a few fishermen that have caught their limit of nice walleye and I did hear of one person that caught a 30-incher, which I hope, was released. A fish that size should be considered either a “wall hanger” or an egg factory because it won’t be very good eating.

That’s only my opinion and as long as it’s a legal fish it’s yours to do with as you wish. That’s why I usually have a camera handy when fishing because you just never know when you might catch that “lunker.” I always get a good feeling whenever I catch a big fish and snap a couple of pictures and release it to fight again another day.

The sunfish have been biting on Fountain Lake and there are some decent ones being caught. One thing about having a few nice days it brings out the fishermen and the fish seem to be cooperating. I dined on some walleye and sunfish the other night and mmm-mmm-mmm it was mighty tasty!

great, another 1000 people out at the dam not releasing a single fish probably.

what bridge are the people with the float suits at? just asking as i havent been home in awhile

Its the 19 bridge, all that does is scare the walleyes out of that tight area, it is wise to stay out of the water, trolled the whole lake the other morning 1 small walleye things have slowed down. not as much current, i havent found any deep holes out there used to be a ltle deeper out by the interstate bridge but i think that kind of filled in with sediment also, New york pt isnt really an under water pt theirs not much of a depth change just maybe mud to sand transition , other then that they roam all over in that dish pan. limits have been taken during the high water i hope they know its only one over 20" and please take the time to pick up garbage when you see it . thanks and good fishin!

I Know it's long shot:

On Sunday 6/22 between Ny point and the I-35 bridge on the south side my son lost his pole in the water. Someone might snag it, If you find it let me know.

Thanks