Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghostzapper

Hunter Windfields or other resorts policy on driving out

5 posts in this topic

I have a Dodge dakota and never been to Mille Lacs ice fishing before. What is the policy on resorts letting there guests drive out? Is there such thing is as an all clear for all vehicles or do they make exceptions for smaller vehicles besides full size trucks. Or is there a in between period where they suggest you not to, but still let you, ect. How does this work or do different resorts work this differently? confused.gif

From what I know, it seems that all resorts gradually move from walking out, to like it is now, ATV/Sled traffic only. I don't think they mess with, "this weight can now drive out and that weight can now drive out" it seems they just say that "vehicles" are now allowed. But you should ALWAYS call first before trying.

I did run into some resorts on the south end last year that said they were open to vehicles, but when i got there they said they were only letting small vehicles like cars out. I have a f150 crew cab, and they would not let me out even though there was 12 - 14" of ice everywhere i checked. I ended up talking one resort into letting me out the next day after i checked the ice myself, but I do understand they are better off safe than sorry, cause a vehicle going thru the ice probably isn't too good for business. I never checked with Hunter winfields, so i don't know what their policy was at the time.

The bay has at least 14" of ice on it - we are letting all vehicles out on the ice. Our road fee is $10 per vehicle - hope to see you!

Harry, I was up there a couple of weeks ago. How far out are your roads going now? Can you get out of the bay with a vehicle yet?