• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tonka - Crystal Bay - Bohns Point Area?

Anyone ice fish Crystal Bay, Bohns Point area?? Never fished it, heading out tomorrow. Any tips, tricks or comments on ice conditions appreciated. thanks, lb

Blue I have a tip for you....Don't eat yellow snow and deffinetly don't fish with a guy named Fishin4alivin. Couldn't pass it up. You beat me to the post. See you tomorrow.

I plan on making my way out to Big Island, first time this year. I'll let you know how the fishing goes on the south end of the lake, would love to know the ice and fishing conditions up on crystal bay.

Mtn Jam - welcome to the forum! We pulled out of the Maxwell Bay ramp, tried the 25' hole, got a couple perch. Moved off Bohns point, tried 18-33 ft, found perch everywhere. Some were pretty hungry, one decided to swallow a shiner whole on a tip-up! I hooked into something that spooled a bunch of line pretty quick, broke the 2lb test. Thinking pike or musky. We sat around for over an hour after the perch finally left, didn't find any action.

We measured the ice being at least 8", varied quite a bit with some places well over 12". A bit of slush here and there. Very little snow cover.

LB

Me and my brother in law fished Crystal Bay for a couple hours this evening, we were just nailing the perch frown.gif.

He hooked into this chunk in 15'. It was thick, didn't have a measuring stick, it was a couple inches longer than a rapala ice rod. LB

1229crystalbayzackzt9.jpg

Lets see......

with triangulation of the landmarks and you stated depth, I should be able to get pretty close. grin.gif

LOL! Congrats on the Great Fish!

SWEET! That's a hog! Congrats! Looks like a 28" or so - way bigger than my biggest. Again Congrats!