Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WTN4ICE

LED lighting

8 posts in this topic

I have been using a rv incandesent bulb in a clamp light in my portable. Is there some type of LED that will fit into this socket ???

they do make them, but they are kind of spendy. They do put out a lot of light with low wattage though. probably worth the investment. Otherwise, I'd invest in some of the "superbrightleds" wink.gif from hong kong that other FMers have ordered online.

yup check the ice page LOADS of info there, it convinced me to buy them but it has been about 2 1/2 weeks and stillwaiting for them to get here.

THere is a clamp on LED light you can buy (they have it at 2 stores here in DL) that put's out some light. On the big auction website do a search for "ufo led" and you will find some inexpesive suacer shaped lights with up to 60 led's in them that have magnets or you can hang from your portable. Up to 50 hours on 4 double a's.

I use the rope lights in my house I got from a local "store" and am not happy with the amount of light it gives off. I think I need to add dome other 12 volt lighting.

Oh well.

Marc,check your mail

Ted --

I didn't get it -- can you re-send?

thanks

I have some LED string lights as well, actually 2 6 foot pieces in my portable. The lighting is good, but I think the reflectix helps quite a bit. One thing I do not like is that the wire sheath on them cracks and the copper is exposed. I have had a couple meltdowns where the two bare wires touch while the leads are attached to the battery. I'll need to find a way to fix it permanently. Hit, I have used some 12V flourescent lighting that puts out more light than the LED's, may be an idea. If you are talking about the permanent, LED lighting is way to dim; incandescent is the only way you'll get enough light.