Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riverwalleye

Lake City

8 posts in this topic

Anyone getting any eyes around the Lake City area?

Welcome to FM Riverwalleye!

I was down in that area on Weds and heard of small walleyes and sauger biting on Pepin. I was exploring some new backwater areas for panfish with not much luck. Did find some REALLY bad ice though as we both came out with wet legs.

Be careful everyone, the ice thickness has varied everywhere I have fished this year.

mw

I have been there 5 times since we had walkable ice, I caught a lot of fish all were under 8 inches. I have also talked and seen what the other have been catching and same story.

yeah whats up with all the tiny walleye and sauger? i went out on pepin and caught a bunch but none were bigger then 10 inches...most were 6-8 inches lol.

is it normally like that or do bigger ones get caught through the ice? i seen tons of suspended fish too but none would bite....caught 1 bluegill on waxies a foot off bottom.

The suspended fish you were seeing are sheephead. Last year we caught a few nice fish there, but that didn't happen until mid season.

sweet...glad i didn't catch any of the suspenders then...i think i would chose gettin skunked over catchin sheephead.

mike- i was thinkin of doin some backwater exploring also for some pannies and perch...i'd really like to find some nice perch. somethin fun to do when i'm takin a break from chasin eyes and sauger.

gonna go out somewhere in the morning...stay safe out there some ice is really dangerous still.

Good Luck, I won't be out around here for a few days.

mw

You can sometimes get a few nice ones out from the sportsman's club, or below the point at florence township (off from the landing).