Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
normy

Minnow Shortage?

5 posts in this topic

I heard through the grapevine that we can expect a major minnow shortage coming soon. This was said to be due to too much snow on the netting ponds, and stricter enforcement of the interstate transportation of minnows. I have no idea how valid this claim is, but was wondering if anyone else had heard this.

I got some fatheads at holiday this morning and they were the biggest fatheads I have ever seen 3-4".

I know that the interstate ban will hurt size of shiners as the big ones were from Arkansas at my local bait store. Now were have very small ones for $8.00 a dozen confused.gif

I was out last Saturday with Maximum12, and we both commented on how small the shiners were compared to the ones we were getting last year. No good...

must not be going to The right bait store.... I prefer Vados