• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I would put my lab against any

gundy89

in an eating contest!!!

Last weekend, she got a FULL venison sausage log off the counter and put the whole thing down and a stick of butter. Casing, wrapper, and all remnants!!! This isn't a little 12 inch log either. It was one of those Von Hansen logs that are 2+ feet long and 4 inches across. She was busting at the seams, but wanted her breakfast. Thank god she didn't screw herself up. She ended up puking most of it out in chuncks the size of my hand.

I don't know who the bigger idiot is, me for leaving it out to thaw, or her for actually eating all of it.

I have one at home that I would put up against yours. I was at a weekend long bachelor party Mille Lacs this fall and my wife calls freaking out that he just ate a full pan of piping hot chocolate brownies that my wife and 3 year old niece just made. Our niece let him up stairs and he bee-lined for the kitchen and ate the whole pan in about 30 seconds before my wife even realized what was going on. 5 phone calls to our vet and 5 phone calls to me and 5 ounces of hydrogen peroxide later, he has throwing up to the cheers of my wife and my niece. I wasn't there, but I was on the phone for the play by play. Poor Franky was just trying to sneak a little snack grin.gif Got to love those always opportunistic feeding labs! Take ten minutes to finish a bowl of food when you are waiting for them, but can hammer down a pan of brownies or two feet of sausage in no time flat.

nice stories but can you beat this. my lab ate a whole loaf of wheat bread and never puked. that is not the best one. we were in montana visiting family. i was throwing a rubber ball for my dog the ball was the size of a baseball. she was bringing it back when down the throat it went. i called the vet and they told me i needed to make sure she did not stop eating or drinking. two day later when we were leaving i let her out to go the bathroom and and she took a big dump and her body and digested that ball and i looked like a big polish sausage in a casing. honest to god truth. she is a 100 lb female...

My daughter had a 140 pound Lab wander up to her horse farm this summer and adopt her. She named it Shamu, after the killer whale. They can't break it of counter surfing, so all food must be put up high. It scarfed two loaves of french bread in less time than it takes to write this. It also had eaten its regular meal before. Next morning, giant!! shocked.gif dog droppings. She has him on a diet and he's down to 130.

I had a female lab over to my house that was going to be breed with my black lab Rebel. We had the female dog in the garage in one of those plastic kennels. The female dog broke out of the kennel and then proceded to eat AT LEAST 10 lbs of dog food out of the bag the owner had brought with the dog. She did not bother going through the top opening of the bag either. She ripped through the side of the bag and made a big mess.

The dog was bulging out in all directions. My wife had the best quote though. "I hope Rebel likes fat chicks"!

In Christmas of 2006, my chocolate lab wondered over to the neighbors and decided that it would be a good idea to eat the left overs a 12lb turkey that was sitting outside cooling off. thankfully the neighbors had eaten already and it was de-boned. I assume she ate 9 or 10 lbs of turkey. Needless to say she looked like a whale and was sick for around 10 days....

she has eaten a loaf of bread, 10lb bag of dog food and

she loves to get me up at 6:00 in the morning 7 days a week to get her morning meal and then goes back to sleep.

UPDATE: yesterday my daughter's 140 lb. Lab, Shamu, ate most of a 5 pound bag of whole wheat flour. How hungry does a dog have to be to eat something like that? I think he has issues. tongue.gif

Quote:

UPDATE: yesterday my daughter's 140 lb. Lab, Shamu,...

Now that's funny right there.

I laughed so hard when I read these posts. One of our labs, Oscar, really isn't a dog, he is an eating machine. When he was a puppy my wife's brother-in-law left the back doors on his Yukon open and Oscar got in, over the back seat and into the front to eat a ton of dog food. His gut was huge and he spent a better part of the day pooping. He has helped himself to cupcakes cooling on the stove, pulled open a bag of dog food to gorge himself on that, and found many bear bait stations when we have been out in the woods (he eats jelly doughnuts like a trucker). The funny thing is he has managed to stay skinny, 85 lbs. grin.gif

If he wasn't such a good friend/hunting partner the cupcake episode might have really ticked me off grin.gif

Went fishing Christmas eve, got a limit of 3/4 pound crappies that I left in a bucket on the deck.

Big mistake! My 1 year old lab must have been pretty hungry,

because he ate them all, plus all the minnows that were on the deck also.

great stories....I have one as well! What do you do with a dog that goes into the clothes basket to steal your sons dirty socks? Horrible habit! She pukes them up in a day or so....yuk!

This past summer I fryed up some fish in a turkey fryer and when I was finished I left the oil outside on the patio to cool. I went to filter it about 2 hours later and found that my pup had eaten/drank all of the oil. It was three gallons of peanut oil crazy.gif. He was fine, but he left one real nasty stain on the carpet where he puked about a gallon or so back up. I hope he learned!

The further adventures of SHAMU!!

On Saturday, my daughter made a batch of bread dough. She had it on the counter to raise and he was able to pull it off and eat it all...including the Saran wrap that was covering it. My daughter is a vet, so she watched him closely for any bad reactions. None. That critter will eat anything. I think we should be worried about the horses and the neighbor kids.