Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
portageman

White Bear

11 posts in this topic

Has anybody had any luck on White Bear this year? A buddy of mine says the are catching big crappies, but the DNR lake report doesnt seem to back this up.

any recent reports?

we caught some pretty big ones in that lake on Saturday. They are scatter so you will have to do some finding. Also caught soem pretty big eyes too.

what depths were you getting them at?? I'll probably try out from the VFW or bellaire on wednesday.

They are in 20-30", and are scatter but when you do fine them, you'll have some fun.

What part of the lake have you been fishing, any thing of of Ramsey Beach? I spent some nights on the ice infront of the VFW. And one morning off of Ramsey neither very succsesful but did have some good times out there at the end of last ice season.

Lunker651 I tried to send you an email but it came back to me, have you changed your email?

Fished in front of the VFW last nite in 11FOW and caught about a dozen crappies.....all in about 10 minutes right after dark.

What were you using for bait? I'm heading out there tonight... Thanks.

A small orange glow jig w/crappie minnow

What time did you hit the eyes? Been out until 6:00 pm with nothing, just wondering if this is a nite bite lake.