• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We bought a new StrikeLite auger and it says you have to lay it down on a certain handle side. As I understand it (and definitely correct me if I am wrong) you have to lay it on the gas tank side so the gas doesn't drain backwards into the carb.

Problem is, we already have the mad dog auger mount rigged up on the four wheeler and I want to know do we have to reconfigure the mount for the auger to travel with the gas tank side down or can the auger be placed on one of the longer sides?

Thanks for the help.

Last year I took mine in to StrikeMaster to cure a Hard Starting issue. The tech told me that the Semi-circle tabs on the handle are designed so that you can lay the auger down in the back of a pick-up. The tabs are situated on one of the longer sides as you inquired about, and they fit nicely in the ribs of the bed. I think the only way you're NOT supposed to lay them down is with the Gas Tank up, and I still try and keep it with the "This Side Up" sticker, up 90% of the time. A quick call to their customer service will confirm this.

TB2

What TimBuck2 said. They don't want the engine flooded with gas because it will get in the crank case and that could prove to be catastrophic for the little engine. There is also some issue about the oil seeping by the rings into the combustion chamber. If you can't keep it "this side up" on the ATV rack, then yes, some modifications would be in order.

Thanks for the replies guys. We found a modification that works keeping "this side up". It's not quite as stable as if we had left it laying on the "long side" but it seems like it will work.

A week ago my dad set it opposite way while it was running- oil shot out of the exhaust. No problems with it though. I showed him the sticker and he hasn't done it since

tongue.gif

The Mag 2000 you can set any way you want to. It will run upsidedown, sideways, and almost inside out. If thats what you were asking about. grin.gif