Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big-Al

Driving on lakes w/full size truck- NOT ME

8 posts in this topic

On a local lake yesterday (it doesn't matter which one because I'm sure there are many just like this one) one fellow decided he had to be the first to drive out. When I questioned him on the wisdom of such an act he said that here is a good foot of ice. I said that he may have a foot where he is fishing (that is still not nearly enough for me) but is it consistent all the way out?

Where I set up with my otter I had 8 inches of good ice and an inch of frozen junk on top. I bet that I could find 6 inches if I went looking.

I was composing my call to 911 as he drove off the lake. To top it off he drove off at about 30MPH and the ice really did a lot of moving. To top that he drove back out, I suppose to set tracks through the slush so it would be easier the next time, again at a high rate of speed.

Let's have some common sense out there!! mad.gif

that wasnt a lake in the area of 3 lakes road?

if it wasnt the same lake, i seen the same thing happen, i was loading up at the landing, snowmobile and portable and full size truck diesel at that i think gets off lake, then drives right back out? i dont know if i will drive out this winter at all the way things are going.

Did I get some minnows from you?? wink.gif

yep, and i ran out of propane,did you run out of minnows???????

I had plenty of both left when I finished up. grin.gif

Wow its a small world grin.gif

Right now I wouldn't get caught dead driving on the lakes. Thye have been on rice, grand and ?. They can go out but stay away from those who wish to be dry.