• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wolves 1st in Line for top pick

deadminnowcatcher

Lets hope the puppies keep losing and land the #1 pick. If they do who are some of the players out there with the potential to go #1. I know it is early but one has to be excited about something

Assuming they come out after their freshman year, I think Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley will be the top two picks. Who goes first, I think will depend on that team's needs. But things could change, it's still early.

Aaron

don't forget OJ Mayo ans roy hibbert. i think i'd go with the "old" guy and take hibbert. i really amy not familliar with the wolves needs, but at 3-20, sounds like they could use help all over.

Unfortunately, you can't draft a coach (the Wolves' biggest need!). I wouldn't mind seeing Hibbert in a Wolves jersey. They need a center so big Al can stay at power forward. Hibbert would be a nice fit, although I don't see him as a top pick. The Wolves with their lottery luck will likely have the number 4 pick, in which case, Hibbert might be a good pick. I'm going to stick to my guns that Rose and Beasley are the top 2 picks. Kind of like last year when you had Oden and Durant as the top 2 and then everyone else.

Aaron

#1 pick, yeah right. How many times have the Wolves had the best chance to win the lottery, 2,3, maybe 4 times. I maybe wrong but didn't they have the best chance to get Shaq the year he came out and ended up with Laettner or J.R. Rider. I hope they get the first pick but with the Wolves luck they won't. mad.gif

Laettner was better in college than Shaq, weird, but true. Don't forget they took Longley one season with their top pick.

the only wolves game i've been to was a rookie year longly game. they beat the nuggets behind a big night from scotty brooks. the nuggets had mutumbo and chris jackson(he was still chris jackson then) cool.gif

crazy.gifWolves don't need a first pick cuz they can't develop players-- look at the last couple top picks and their track record--KM doesn't have the mojo. Take #1 and trade for a proven player not a project -- crazy.gif

NO matter what they do they will screw it up. I say ask McHale what to do, then do the complete opposite. That should improve the team.

Hester

Quote:

I say ask McHale what to do, then do the complete opposite. That should improve the team.

It really couldnt make it much worse smirk.gif

We seem tohave a problem drafting. We draft a very good pro ready player and then we trade them for some talented but not yet ready for prime time player. Draft Ray Allen and trade hime for Marbury. Draft Brandon Roy and trade him for Randy Foye. McHale is a moron.

• 3 weeks later...

Even if we get the first pick -- we have not had a lot of luck picking the right guy -- remember Eni Ebbbe or whatever his name was? Other than Garnett, we have not been "strong" in that area.

Maybe we can just throw a dart at the board?

What am i saying? If we had 99 chances for the ball and one team had one of the balls -- well i think we know how that would go. \:\(

It don't matter when Foye gets back and Ratliff with those to they'll still be really bad but will be able to win more games. As of last night Miami has lost 14 in a row and Seattle has lost 8 in a row I thought we were in line to have the most ping pong balls but I think Miami and Seattle might have something to say about that.