Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RonZych

First truck on the ice...N. Metro

16 posts in this topic

We put the big house out on the lake today. Pulled it out with the ATV on the snowmobile trailer. Looked out on the lake and right smack dab in the middle is a pick-up truck! ooo.gifWhen I drilled for the house we had 10 solid inches. I was surprised to see that much ice. There was 8 last weekend in the same spot. And even more suprised to see that truck out there. Sorry, not me. Next weekend for sure. wink.gif

Lots of cars and trucks out down here in the south metro. Not me I don't mind the walk

unreal, i bet those guys pet stray pitbulls too. the ice is always safe until. "i hit the one spot on the lake where the ice was thin, there was a good 18 inches everywhere else." or "someone should have told me there was a spring there." maybe "the carp were in shallow and fanning the ice with their tails, who would have known."

what lake was this on? or should I just watch the news tonight or look for the flashing lights on my way home....can't fix stupid....

OT-less likely to have a pitbull bite you then a stray poodle or lab check out the statistics but anyways ya thats nuts to drive a pickup on the ice right now maybe a geo tracker or something

Quote:

OT-less likely to have a pitbull bite you then a stray poodle or lab check out the statistics but anyways ya thats nuts to drive a pickup on the ice right now maybe a geo tracker or something

#1 breed for reported bites is actually the Golden Retriever. Go figure huh?

IF you look in the East Metro section there was someone driving out about a week ago with a car and minivan on Green in CHisago....UGH ...

You almost wish they'd go through just so they'd learn their lesson... I'd much rather walk and live to fish another day... smile.gif

BigStevie, that's terrible. I too would like to live another day to fish, but wishing that someone would go under? I'm not going to risk driving out until I see tracks on the ice, but I'll have my kids with me. I'll probably give it another couple weeks, unitl then, I'll be getting some exercise. lol. Dave

I would not be out there yet.... not till after christmas.

Quote:

Quote:

btw- when is the last time a golden retriever has broke into a house and mauled a baby, killed the family dog, and attacked the parents?? let me see... NEVER...

Quote:

Quote:

A stray pitbull and a stray lab are walking down the sidewalk...which one do you pet first?

i know which one i would shoot first

Way off Topic.........

Quote:

Quote:

Not a surprise, given that labs and golden retrievers are number 1 and 2 for popularity in the US, and even hold a bigger lead in households with children.

Stereotyping might not be the best thing to do...but he was only trying to be funny. I actually chuckled. Remember, he did say "stray" pitbulls.

It's obvious that on any individual dog, the way it's raised has more to do with its behavior than what breed it is. But if for some reason you want paint a breed with a broad brush, you will have a hard time with your argument that a golden retriever is a more dangerous breed than a pitbull.

If you're honest with yourself (pitbull owner or not), you will come to the conclusion that, all things being equal, the pitbull breed has a demeaner and strength that neither a lab or a retriever have. I think there's a reason dog fighting doesn't showcase labs or golden retrievers.

Quote:

Way off Topic.........

What is the topic of this thread anyways!

I think these guys are keeping the chatter up and keeping the post at the top of the forum, untill Ron has a chance to respond back on what lake he is talking about.

Unless he does not want us to know the name of the lake. grin.gif