Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishyScent

White Bear and or Lake Jane

12 posts in this topic

Thinking about hitting one or both of these lakes this weekend. Looking for some info on Ice thickness and the size of the crappies on jane. Is it worth checking out?

Thanks for the info

Fishy cool.gif

I was on White Bear on wed the 19th. Rode my snowmobile out of Bellare and went east by Mahtomedi and found 10" of ice and no fish. Went out on front of Bellare and where there was snow there was about 6". 16 FOW 1 northern and a bunch of small sunnies no keepers. Good Luck

Hey Nagorski, unrelated question... do you know a Darci and Mike Nagorski from Big Lake area? Probably not, common name, but if you do, please say hi to them from "Box". smile.gif

Thanks,

I would fish Lake Jane... Although it is a small lake, it has an excellent crappie population... But then again, so does White Bear...

white bear is a very good crappie lake if you know where to look...

Box, can't say I do. Hey didn't think it was a common name either. Have any luck on white bear yet? Good luck.

I was out on wbl last night. I was fishing in 17 FOW and had almost a foot of ice 9 inches of was good with 3 of frozen slush. Not a single bit. Gonna try again saturday eve.

Has anyone caught anything other than 12" northern on Jane? I haven't caught any through the ice, but anytime I've been there on the open water I haven't been able to keep them off my line. I've caught some of the smallest northern I've ever seen on Jane. grin.gif

Trying to get out this weekend on WBL. Wanted to this morn, but work got in the way, heh!

You either get a nice bass or the 10-12 inch Northern on Jane. However once it turns to hard water look for the crappies....... grin.gif

Jane is a good lake for the kids too, alot of smaller sunfish on the lake. Anyone gone out there lately? How is the ice for an ATV???

Yeah, the bass are usually pretty decent there. I hit the lake at the end of last ice season right after the snow we got in March. One crappie to show from it, and almost went through a spearing hole covered by the snow that was left unmarked... mad.gif It must have been fun spearing those monsters. wink.gif