• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Recent Ice Reports

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Hey Guys,

Let's post some measured ice reports here. Please post the date. general area & thickness.

This should help everyone plan better & be a little more safe.

Thanks! smile.gif

Here is what is being said on another site. Take from it what you will!

12/19/07

Eastside Of Mille Lacs Lake

Macs Twin Bay Resort

I didn't get a hold of Kevin or Karen McQuoid. Kevin was out working on the lake and we missed each other. Left a message that they don't have any roads going out as of yet. They are letting ATV & Snowmobile traffic out only at this time. 6" to 10" of ice. Some areas have more and some areas have less. No fish report this week.

Agate Bay Resort

Dean says that they have 8" to 10" in most of the area. Again some areas have more than 8" to 10" and some have less. Dean said that they are getting some really nice walleyes off the reef. Along with the walleyes were some dandy 10" to 13" perch. Dean has started a road going out for ATV and Snowmobile traffic only. Fish being caught in 10' to 17' ft of water. Areas of slush.

Hunters Point Resort

George says that the walleye bite has turned up a tick on our rock pile reefs in our area. The morning bite on the Boot has been good, the afternoon bite on the Blue Jug has been good.

Ice Report: We are plowing roads north and south two mile and also to Lake Side and Hunters Point with lots of flooding at Lake Side. We are clearing large areas to help shore-up the ice for our rentals.

At this time it is snowmobile and ATV traffic only. We will continue plowing and staking to new areas as ice conditions allow. There is more snow in our 5 day forcast we will wait to see what that brings. Mille Lacs Lake has not seen this amount of snow in quite a few years.

Fishers Resort

I talked with Greg & Dean and they are in that 8" to 10" range with the ice out about a couple of miles then there is some inconsistency where you may have 12" in one spot and 6" in another out near the flats. Also slushy in areas. Dean has been picking up some nice fish along with a few Jumbo Perch. Dean also mentioned to me that the walleyes are full of small perch. So there is plenty of food for the walleyes. ATV & Snowmobile traffic only at this time.

North End Of The Lake

Barnacle Bills Resort

Jim Jr. says this past weekend a few people went out and did ok but the bite is still a little slow. Of the flats it seemed most people fished Shultz's Flat and the Blue Jug from what I could see. Out front people did ok with some perch and even an occasional walleye. The ice is 8 inches most places, some areas have more but I don't think there is much if any less than 8 inches. There are some areas of slush, it seemed to be where ever people fished or cracks that have opened up otherwise the ice is good.

Red Door Resort

Fred told me that the ice is still around 6" to 9" of ice from the first break line to the flats. Lots of water coming up from the drilled holes and along with that is slush. Fred has a few reports of some guys doing rather well on walleyes. A good number of jumbo perch are being seen but are being finicky right now. Fred is only allowing ATV's and Snowmobiles along with foot traffic.

The West Side Of The Lake

Garrison Sports

Kari says that he has 10" to 15" in Garrison Bay to the break line, then just 4" to 7" past the break line. He has had a few good reports of walleye being caught during the "Prime Time" of the morning and evening. He also mentioned that the perch fishing has been fair.

Twin Pines Resort

Bill tells me that there is 6" to 9" or 10" of ice out from their resort. He has gotten his rentals on the shore ready to go once the ice permits. Bill had no fishing report as of yet because there hasn't been anyone out yet.

Terry's Resort

Terry shared with me that they are fishing out on the flats in front of his resort and doing good on both walleyes and jumbo perch. Terry also mentions that there were a couple of good reports in the rocks too. The ice he says; is still all over the map. He has 5" to 8" or 9" with slush in areas.

Rocky Reef Resort

The Rockman says; the ice conditions haven't been like this for him in 18 years! He says that he has 6" to 7" of ice in some areas and up to 10" to 11"in others. It seems that the wind blown areas have more ice than the areas with snow at this time. The Rockman said that he was out fishing on the 15th of Dec., for a couple of hours and only had one walleye for his efforts. Although there have been reports coming into his resort of some really nice perch being caught in 17' to 20" of water and some keeper walleyes too. Nothing to get excited over, but catching fish. There are a couple of cracks out in front of his resort that have opened up and he is hopeful that they will freeze over and heal this week. ATV, Snowmobile and foot traffic only at this time out of the Rocky Reef.

South End Of the Lake

Lyback's Resort

Talked with Eddie and he has plowed roads to Banana, Spider, Tundra, and The Grave Yard. Only open to ATV, Snowmobiles. They have a good 11" to 12" on the plowed roads but less ice once you get off the roads. Most areas are anywhere from 7" to 10" and some areas with less. Slush is an issue in some areas. Eddie does have rentals out for this weekend for you who are looking to rent a fish house this weekend.

Scenic Bay Resort

Talked with Cindy and they have 14" to 15" of ice in the bay. Roads going out to their rentals that they have available for this coming weekend. There are 4 available. She says; that there are allot of walleyes and perch being seen on the camera with a few being caught. The perch were going good this past Sunday but have been getting a few. Call 320-676-3274 for your reservations for this weekend.

Hunter Winfield's Resort

I contacted Dave and he shared with me that they have 12" to 14" of ice in Isle Bay. They have been getting some larger walleyes in the 20" plus range. They are also getting a few nice jumbos too. He says its not fast and furriest but catching fish. They have five rentals out for this weekend with four of them available for you to rent!