• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Soaker

brittman

Be careful out there. I had one leg break through a soft spot in a cattail slough. Leg dropped into the water past my knee.

I wear waterproof boots and some old worn gore-tex camo pants so I stayed mostly dry.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second the warning. I dropped through today and my feet never touched bottom. I did just like they say, kick your feet, army crawl out, and roll to good ice. Thankfully the dog didn't go through with me, but it freaked him out. I was just walking a slough in the cattails, and must have walked 2 miles of stuff just like where I dropped through. Made for a long cold walk back to the truck, be careful out there with all this snow it's a little unpredeictable.

I broke through on Saturday and missed a chance at a rooster all at the same time. Only one leg for me and I easily touched bottom, but it is still unpleasant. I knew I was in trouble when I heard the ice cracking, but I could not get out of the area before I had a wet leg.

Be careful out there.

I've done that happen before myself. Scared the heck out of me. shocked.gif I could have been in trouble if it were both legs. Thankfully the worst part of it was I had to drive around the rest of the day with that stinky muck smell.