Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyehead

Rice Lake Report???????

4 posts in this topic

Me and my bro are gonna hit Rice on Friday for some Walleye's. We've never fished the lake before so were curious to where a guy could find a few. Not lookin for gps coordinates but (deep weed lines , shallow flats, ect) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Straight off of the point on the west side. It runs from 6 ft to 25 ft. I have never caught a walleye, or anything for that matter, on the inside turn that you will see a lot of houses on. I sit all by my lonesome on the point in about 14ft and manage to do well. Haven't been out there yet this year but will be out in the next couple of weeks. Set a tip-up in shallow and you'll get a few slimers...good luck.

Fish the breakline and move up on the shallow flat during primetime. If you pick the right spot you should have action. Always seems to be a good shallow bite on Rice.

I've had luck off the south access in past year's early ice, though I got skunked a couple weekends ago. Didn't quite get as deep as I would have liked, the 5-7 inches of good ice that is a couple hundred yards out got pretty scary looking (under 5-6 inches total with most of it being cloudy) once I got above 20 feet of water.