Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arcticcat400

strikemaster ice auger?

4 posts in this topic

i have a 3 year old strikemaster lazer mag express and it ran good at the end of the year last year now this year it would not run at all so i sprayed some ether in the cylinder and got it running and it would only start if i did this but when it started it ran good i changed the spark plug and now it starts good but when i throttle it up it bogs down and make kind of a snap and sometimes blows a puff of smoke out of the air filter and ideas what could be wrong with it?

Only thing I can think of is a carb kit and a compete drain of gas. Hope it helps.

Use fresh fuel and pour about an oz of seafoam in the tank and run it for awhile to get in the carb and let it set overnite then run again the next day it should clear up if not then it's carb cleaning/rebuild time.

Fuel air mixture is too lean. I don't remember if that one has a idle mixture screw or not. If it does, it would be under the carb angled toward your right side if the carb is facing you. If it does have that screw, turn it counter-clockwise (out) 1/4 of a turn. That should do it. If it does not have a screw, it will need the carb cleaned and a new kit. It may have a piece of gunk stuck in one of the fuel passages. Try to stay away from the ether thing. It washes out all the oil in the engine and dries it out very fast and can do some costly damage. A squirt bottle with some mixed gas in it is the best way to accomplish your goal.