Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish Slayer

Marcum 560 or Aqua view Quad 4?

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering which camera is better? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Fishslayer i have a marcum 560 and i would not trade it for anything else in the camera world. It is a little pricy but well worth the money. The only thing that turned me off on quad is the four screens are very small.

I prefer the Quad 4. Like any other debate, it comes down to personal preference. I like being able to switch between the 4 directions, and being able to see everywhere at once. You can select one direction and make it fill the screen, so the size of the quad screen doesn't matter much.

Thanks guys for the info! Well it just happens that I got the Marcum 560 as my Christmas present smile.gif ! Hopefully it will catch me some fish. Good luck on the ice.

Matt,

have you done any night time viewing and compared the quad against any others? i'm leaning towards the quad myself, but had heard others say the marcum lights seemed to be better in the dark. thanks.

I bought a Quad last year and was really dissappointed in the pictures. So much so that I took it back. Then I found a deal on an 560 and will never go back to the quad. Again, the marcum is more pricey but IMO, it is the better camera. Maybe I just got a bad quad.

Anybody try that new flood light that Aquaview has put out? Seems to attach to the bottom of the camera, and looks like a small LED flashlight.

I have not tried the Quad after dark, but have tried with my old cameras and was happy. I would assume the Quad would be the same. It all depends on the lake after dark though, some lakes allow for much better night viewing.

I've never seen a Marcum camera after dark, so I have no comparison for you, sorry!