Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red Miller

Quick Strike

3 posts in this topic

I have an interesting question. The new QuickStrike rigs are on the shelf in local tackle shops and retatilers. Question: are they legal in MN. For those not familiar, the Quickstrike rig is a double treble hook rig with a tiny blade on one treble (for use with live bait). I heard on the radio last Saturday in a show with T3 that the rig was not legal. I am assuming because there is a blade on only one of the trebles. The second treble is on a line possibly longer than 3 inches.

I put this one out on the floor for discussion since I have one tied on but have not hit the lakes yet. Whats the good word guys?? Am I legal in MN or not? Thanks all

about all i know is if your useing a treble hook it needs to be attached to some type of jig

Check out the "pike/muskie" area. There have been many discussions about the quick-strike rig. I by no means am an expert, but I believe that as long as it has a spinner blade or similar on there turning a "hook" into a "lure". I'm not sure where that line is drawn.