• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm heading out to hanska to try some new spots Friday morning thru most of the day. Just wondering if anyone esle might be out there! If so I might just have to stop by!

You dog. However, I shouldn't complain because I'm going up north for a week. smirk.gif

Good luck Josh!

I should be giving you crap smirk.gif Hopefully I can find some new areas to catch them eyes! cool.gif

Well spent most of the day out there today and for the most part it was successful day. During the day caught a handful of cigars and a bonus 20" on the tip up! Night time came and it was on! I ended up coming home with 4 more eyes and some bonus slabs all over 12". The only thing is I was a little frustrated because I kept losing fish at the hole! I lost 6 eyes at the hole and 3 crappies at the hole too!

Delta, my day wasn't near as good. But did have a little action. 2 keepers for the day. Oh, and 1 bullhead. But there was a long time between them. I am going to give it 1 more outing where I'm at. If its no good, going to make a move. If you got any ideas or suggestions, let me know.

For some reason this guy has had the same problem lately. I have been fishing in shallow lakes and have a tendancy to smack the fish on the bottom of the hole and dislodge the hook, but Im teaching myself to just ease the fish up rather than horseing it and have landed more fish. Good luck fishing... BT

More or less losing the fish when I'm trying to get the vex out of the way. Usally I don't have that problem, but I forgot my transducer float. So I had to just leave it hang there. I typicaly leave a fair amount of cord out so that I can just grab the cord and pull the transducer out real quick. But tonight I had to grab the whole unit, which turned out to be a major pain!!!!

Fishingguy- the spot that I fished tonight is pretty close to where I have been fishing! There really isn't anyone out where I have been going lately, except for my buddies house! I'm going out again Monday with my dad, if you want to meet up that would be cool. Shoot me an e-mail!!

Delta - newbie to Lake Hanska here, was wondering what the report is on the ice out there? My brother in law and I just finished building our ice house and want to get our kids out there for a couple of nights on the lake. The house is made out of aluminum and is fairly light for the size (16x6.5) but my only means of getting it on the lake is behind my F150. I am looking at going this next Friday - Sunday. Any update you could offer me on ice conditions and whether this will work or not would be much appreciated! Thanks much. Jim

The NW side of the lake around Gieger landing and Godahl landing have a good 12"-13" of solid ice with a good amount of truck traffic. But after today she will be adding more ice! The SE access 8"-10" with minimal traffic! Fish are being caught in most areas, just have to put a little time in to find some structure.

zamboni- where have you fished Hanska when you have been out there?

I usually fish the southside, right across from the house that has the "MAIN STREET CAFE" sign on the front porch. I hear Geiger Pt is the place to be, but seems to be crowded all the time. I usually go out in the afternoon until just after dark.

I have to second delta on the ice situation by the SE landing. Most area do have 11" to 13", but I found a couple spots under snow that were 8". They are getting braver lately thou. 1 guy, last night, drove by my house within 30 yds or so heading to the northern shore, doing about 30mph! Lots of cracking, and water pushed out of my holes! Not me, atleast not yet. I'm still using my 4 wheeler.

I have found that in the SE area of the lake if you not in the exactly right spot its more than likely a bust. But there are other times there it is really good. If you fish the dredged areas you have a better chance of pin pointing fish due to more structure! I would say by next weekend most of the lake will be drivable by truck with the forcast temps. There is a lot of lake out there between Godahl landing the the park that is rarely ever touched!

Delta - thanks a ton for the info. I am planning on heading out early Friday. I will have to swing by the local baitshop and buy a map to find out where these landings are that you speak of. Thanks again, the information is much appreciated!

stymie- I can e-mail you one and you can print it off your computer and save you some $ just get me your address.. BT

surely, I dont have the time to do it now(on the way to the lake) I will do it later tonight.....BT

Thanks again! I spent the day out on Wash - not much action. Few nice sunnies but that was about it. I think it was busier than the mall out there today!

Thats funny Stymie, I just got home from Washington,I was in a red Blazer with a green Otter. A few crappies and half-dozen bulls in the bucket...Ratsos and shrimpos tipped with a spike was the ticket for me today. Tons of small crappies kept coming in small schools.Porbably caught 25 fish total. I also e-mailed you the hanska map...

Delta, I will be out at hanska saturday for the first time in 5 years. Any advice for me? probably going out of the north landing. Will you be out there?

I have been fishing deeper as of late with some success. I've been fishing the bottom of the dropoffs in about 13fow. Jigging or bobber were equal in action, they didn't seem to perfer on over the other. Heading out tomorrow to try an area that I had good success late year. Will be fishing shallow though. Will post what I come up with after I return from fishing.