Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattkimk

Bald Eagle

15 posts in this topic

Thinking about going out to Bald Eagle this Saturday. Anybody been out towards Rocky Ridge yet?

Was there Tuesday and caught a lot of eyes but none more than 12 inches.

You may want to repost this in the Metro forum. There should be a couple recent Bald Eagle reports in the Metro forum.

Yeps, I was there very early this morning. I caught a lot of dinger eyes... No size to them, but the bite was consistent.

What part of the lake is rocky ridge, I've never heard of that? I can't even find it on the map.

rocky ridge is north of the island where the lake starts to narrow. there is a small bay behind it. in the summer there are bouys that extend from the point. thats rocky ridge.

Bald Eagle only has two good areas for walleyes, out of that WHOLE ENTIRE lake... Rocky Ridge is one of them..

There are many good walleye spots out there-seek and thou shalt find.........

cigar. Nuff said.

I agree with cigar size at least that is what I managed to find,just a ton of little crappies to.fun to catch.

Hope people don't keep them little eyes. That is a good chunk of the future fishery. Predation alone will wipe out a sizeable percent of them and when people start keeping a limit of them that certainly doesn't help. NOT SAYING everyone out there is keeping them, but i'm sure some are.

Iknow there easy to catch but also just as easy to put back down the hole!

Only a complete dink would be keeping 8-10 inch walleys. Then again there are more horses arses than there are horses in the world.

Thats odd I rarely catch dink 'eyes on Bald Eagle. I dont fish the shanty towns or traditional spots though.

Yeah I usually do pretty well on Bald Eagle also. I don't fish with the crowds but the three times I have been there this year so far the biggest I have caught is about 14 inches.

Hey guys, I don't assume everyone keeps the dinks but some do i'm sure. Personally i'd rather leave the crowds and find a nice quiet spot out there. Any recent info on ice?

Probably gonna slow down a bit after this nasty weather.

Good Luck, ole

was out there on sunday. ice is 7inches+. didnt catch much, only 2 crappies. wish yall luck.