Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dragon81

GLow Jig FLASHER

12 posts in this topic

Last year I used a flasher of a friends, It was made for fishing but was actually just like an old camera flash. It lit up those jigs in a split second and so much brighter then a tazer. But now I cant find them anywhere. Only place I havent checked yet is sportsmans wharehouse. Ebay didnt even have them this year. DID last year. Anyone know where I can get one. Cant find any old camera flashes at home either. Guess they are pretty much the same thing and wouldnt cost $30 bucks ???

( Note from admin,please read forum policy before posting again,Thank-yuou.)

Yeah I suppose that would work (DUH) !! on my part. Guess I was just searhcing for the one made for fishing. I will most likely find one on Ebay much cheaper without a stupid fish printed on it or something. They work awsome, keep the jig super bright and for a longer period of time. THANKS

was it a "super flash charger"? The charger looked like a camera flash, and was used to charge glow flashers. it was made by Bechhold & Son Flasher & Lure Co. claims a charge of up to 8 hours...

Maybe, it was black with some green writing on it. Gander Mtn, Scheels both knew what I meant but couldnt remember what they were called and didnt have them this year. I bought two camera flashes on Ebay Today that should work exactly the same, and only 4-6 $$$'s They worked awsome at lake of the woods last year, quick and the glow was soo much brighter, and lasted soo much longer. THANKS GUYS and I suggest getting one of these type of gadgets, They do work...

You can modify a throw a way camera to make cheep jig flasher.

All you need is some hook up wire and a normally open push button switch. Remove the manual shutter and wire the switch to the shutter terminals.

Another neat trick for flashing jigs is to line a large mouth plastic medicine bottle with foil tape. Supend the jig in the bottle,hit the flash and all 360 degrees of the jig is lighted up.

I have heard about the disposable camera deal as well -- sounds like it would work.

Yeah all you need is a battery operated camera flash and hit the button and your in business, bought two on ebay now for less then 12 bucks for both. They work great.

Found out sportsmans wharehouse has them now too for just under $20 I believe.

Quote:

I have heard about the disposable camera deal as well -- sounds like it would work.

The flash is as bright as the sun and work good.

The hardest part of the project is getting the camera apart.

Remove the AA Batery and discharge the the 300 volt 120-160 UF capasitor befor starting modifications.

Good Jig Zapping.

Isn't that a "flux capasitor"?? Or is that what you use when you are trying to build a car that will go back in time??? I'm confused now. grin.gif

just an FYI, if you are going to take apart things with capacitors, don't touch them for a long time after the power source is removed. Some of them can hold quite a bit of power and can hurt you pretty bad, as some take quite a bit of time to discharge.

I don't want anybody to find out the hard way. A charged capacitor can give you quite the jolt!