Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big_Cahuna

Metro Area Fishing

9 posts in this topic

I'm currently working in the Cities and am looking for good spots to fish after working hours. I'm out near the 55/494 junction. I'd like to try around the area before branching out. If anyone could point me in some good directions I'd appreciate it.

BC

Calhoun, Harriet, and Nokomis are all pretty good, relatively speaking, and not too far from you.

Good luck!

Medicine lake is less than a mile from there, read posts on this lake and you should find all the info that you will need.

Thanks Gents.

What kind of fish do you want to catch? I live near you and could point you in some good directions for specific species.

Medicine would be an excellent choice. Nice panfish and pike population. Also a shot at the occassional walleye due to recent stocking.

I read the former postings and drove by there tonight. I think I'm good to go give it a try. Thanks everyone.

A good sleeper lake that it by Calhoun and Harriet is Ceder. I would give a try if your looking to catch some bigger fish.

Quote:

I'm currently working in the Cities and am looking for good spots to fish after working hours. I'm out near the 55/494 junction. I'd like to try around the area before branching out. If anyone could point me in some good directions I'd appreciate it.

Hey Cahuna,

I live at 55 and 1-69.... tonka is worth the 10 minute drive. Medicine is a good lake...Tonka is a GREAT lake.

BC