Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimBuck2

4 Stroke Oil

12 posts in this topic

It was suggested to me in the experts forum to change the oil in my StrikeLite to Amsoil 0W-40 AFF, to help with stubborn starting in the cold. Any reason why I should stick with the oil StrikeMaster recommends? Big DS???

If I do opt to change to Amsoil where can I get it locally?

TB2

Go with the AMSOIL. Superior product.

Note from admin: Please try to stay away from making a deal in this forum. Thank you.

On Line Direct Order Link: 0W-40 Prod Code AFF

For 1 or 2 business day delivery direct to your door via UPS from Superior, WI distribution center. When buying through my link you are supporting a FM sponsor.

Thank you

Sorry Bunt, I set you up for that one. Didn't mean to. I didn't realize that there wasn't any retail stores that carried Amsoil. I'm going to use the link and support the site. Thanks anyway.

TB2

No problem at all. smile.gif Support the sponsor! smile.gif My lively hood doesn't depend on it. I am just a dealer to support my sister-in-law and get the 'good pricing' since I buy alot for myself.

Side note -

I think you will be happy with the product.

The oil will not change the hard starting issue. The Strikelite is just keeping the oil in the crankcase, not burning it like a 2 stroke. Going to the Amsoil may make it easier to pull over when it is cold, but it will not cure the cold blooded issue. As far as solving that issue, those augers have not been around long enough that I have seen any repairs other than the cold blooded thing and nobody has brought me one to try and fix. I would imagine that if we were able to open the low speed jet up a little that would make the biggest difference.

Big DS, Maybe I'll drop it off at Reel Fishing sometime next week for you to look over if that's OK. Any day better than another. Obviously Monday and Tuesday are out.

TB2

Whenever it works best for you. If you dropped it off tonight or tomorrow, you could have it back by Saturday or Sunday probably. Leave some gas in the tank so I can drill a few "test" holes grin.gif

Doubt I'll be able to make it out today, so I'll probably drop it off Wed. after work around 5:00.

Thanks,

TB2

That will work fine.

Mine starts on the first or second pull everytime, weird

A few did. Almost all won't. They were jetted to meet emmisions at 75 degrees not 30. So they do not get near enough fuel on a cold start.