Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
2guysfishin

PHALEN WALLY'S

2guysfishin

How are the walleyes bitin on Phalen?

j

i haven't been out there yet, but I did see some portables out in front of the beach on Sunday.

Mr. Pike1

I have not got out there yet this year. However, in years past I have had some success early ice right off the weed edges. Lots of pike and tiger musky so if you jigging a shinny Angle eye etc. be prepared.

sparcebag

I lived a few blocks from Phalen 1995-1999 and I always look here to see if its posted,Boy did I have great luck there for eyes always at night,summer & winter.But no one seems to post it?? Dont it get fished much??

Grant Pearson

Quote:

I lived a few blocks from Phalen 1995-1999 and I always look here to see if its posted,Boy did I have great luck there for eyes always at night,summer & winter.But no one seems to post it?? Dont it get fished much??

shhhhh!!!

Sandmannd

I live a few blocks from it. From everyone I talked to it used to be an awesome lake. About 4 or 5 years ago it took a turn and hasn't turned back on yet. You can still catch fish out of there, but not the numbers and size they used to have.

sparcebag

Sandman I lived by Magnolia & Frank,Close to you??Anyway my email is in my profile if ya want some Phalen tips,Which were given to me from a 15 yr.old kid in the neighborhood.REALLY GOOD TIPS from such a youngster!

Sandmannd

Yep, that's about 4 or 5 blocks from my house. I sent you an email.

MidCoast

I fished Phalen a lot in the early 90's as well... Boy, did we catch big largemouth bass, pikes, and walleyes... We also caught some HUGE and I mean HUGE carps too..... Why nobody fishes it more? I do not know.. Perhaps nobody knows... There is a restriction on gas motors on the lake.... Every spring, people use to catch limits of crappies as well where the fishing Pier is by the bridge on that lake.... That lake sure isnt what it use to be anymore... You can still catch fish, but it's just not as easy as it was before, ya know?

hondavxr

I use to fish it a lot too, when I was a little kid. And there will be nights where 20-30 walleyes in one night was not uncommon, but the lake has changed. I think the lake started changing when it got more infested with eurasian milfoil. I think there is still good fish in Phalen but there patterns have just totally changed. Hey if you guys decide to go to Pahlen one day email me I will come tag along, hondavxr @ gmail. com

Crappie_J

i live about three blocks from phalen and fish it quite a lot for walleyes spring/fall/winter. this year has been good as far as size for the walleyes, but usually most of the walleyes i catch in phalen are 11-12" or less. that being said i rarely get skunked when fishing for the eyes and there are also quite a few decent sized pike and muskies in this lake.