• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is there any good daytime bites going on. I am off the rest of this week and looking for a decent panfish spot during the day. I am not a big fish eater, so most if not all are going back. I fish almost exclusively for the sport. Thanks ahead for any 411. First year back into ice fishing after several year layoff. Figure I"ll try her again. Mike

Sunfish, bass, and northern will hit consistently throughout the day on Chisago, Green, and South Center. Of course it's better during the prime times but you can get into action throughout the day. You could walk out from 83 on south side of chisago...or go off the point on south center...or hike out to the bay/narrows of green lake. I would say the rest of this week will be good fishing as the storm approaches. Put out a tip up and fish for panfish...if you're not getting much action...move. Good luck..have fun...it should be nice out there with these "mild" temps!

Thanks Sniper, I"ll give it a shot and post how I did. It will be fun just getting out again. Beenm out once on Clear, just to make sure everything still works well, and they do. Take care, Mike

Yeah, sunnies and pikes pretty much bite throughout the whole day... On certain days, the crappie day bite can be good as well... However, most of the time, I catch my crappies during the evening or dark time.

There is a pretty consistent bite for pike of all sizes on forest throughout the day in the 8-10' range on most areas of the lake. Green is a good choice for numbers and many different species. Pike, bass, walleye can all be caught on tip ups as well as jigging. The panfish bite is mostly nonstop. I'd fish the 5-8' depths of the southeast side of the lake towards Glyers bay. Chisago, South lindstrom also have daytime panfish bites that can be pretty prolific but again alot of tykes. So it really depends on just what you are targeting. Peltier and Centerville hold some nice pannies with some small stuff mixed in but it can be a tough bite out there at times, drill alot and move often till you get on some as it is a stained water environment. Bald eagle can be pretty awsome this time of year and there are a nice mix of large and small crappies once you find them. The North arm can hold some real nice sunfish on occassion as well. Little lake and Kroon can be fun to fish if the water clarity is up, you can sight fish when the clarity is up. North center is also known for its panfish productivity for crappies into the early evening hours with some monster pike and an occassional walleye roaming around. Comfort and little comfort can both produce some daytime pannies and a pike or two as well. Lots of water to choose from around here. Nice to see you back in action on the board a bit Rivernut!

Tunrevir~

I did hit the south end of Chisago, and the gill's were hitting like crazy. Had two lines in and had to go to one for the day, they were hitting that well. Did'nt keep any, but if a person wanted to, you could sift through and pick out a few. Gill's slowed down at dark, crappies moved in and they were real small. All in all it was a good, fun 3 hours on the water. Fished from 3-6 pm, euro's on a genz worm (red glow) over a thick weedbed in 12 fow. combo of dead sticking and mostly jigging them up. good fishing to all, Mike

My experience says day bite is often good until the ice is thick enough for a lot of vehicle traffic. Then with all the trucks driving around and holes being punched -- the fish tend to move more early and late.

I also think weather can change the bite pattern.

Yesterday I was out on North Center with a few buddies at around noon -3. We weren't marking anything. Then all of a sudden it started snowing and the wind picked up...the fish started going crazy and we were catching gills, crappies and perch.