Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjohnson5150

Cooks Bay - Minnetonka

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone been out on Cooks Bay? We are thinking of hitting this area on Sat, but would like to know a little bit about the ice situation prior.

I have been out there on my snocat. 6 to 8 inches from what I have seen. some slushy spots, as the 4 wheelers are tending to bust through the crust once in a while.

should be good by saturday, but as always proceed with caution.

"snocat????" That's funny, haven't heard that word in years!! TommyJ33 - Are you from Thief River Falls? That's where I've heard it used the most.

I walked out on Cook's 2 weeks ago and the ice was good 7-8". Should be even better now. However, there was only 4" near shore, so I wouldn't recommend anything more than an ATV or a "snocat"!!

Not from Teef, but have a deer camp up that way and spend a lot of time with old timers from the Badger, Roseau area. and that is what they always call them. Shorter than typing snowmobile as well.

Ice is very spotty across cooks and the upper west lake. Not much more than 6 inches in areas covered with snow. Areas that have the snow blown clean have ticker ice but 3 inches of the top is of the cloudy frozen slush variety.

Driving autos will be weeks out.

I'm sure the word snocat drives the Polaris people nuts!

Have you been fishing on Cook's?

Been out there 3-4 times with mixed success. "Where'sWalter" is right!

got one nice one and a few little cuffers. but all and all pretty slowwwww!