Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Central Bassman

Water Clarity

11 posts in this topic

I’m thinking of taking a group of guys out spearing this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows of any clear lakes around hutch?? Thanks cool.gif

CB cool.gif

Can see bottom in 12 feet on Marion.

is there alot of houses out there. How is the ice?

I thought this lake is aways dirty

lots of permanents out there. Ice was a solid 9.5" where we fished last night. I've never seen that lake so clear.

Might have to give it a try, I think we might be able to see some fish on that lake

We were out spearing on Marion over a week around the area of the north access and the water clarity is stunning. The only other time it was somewhat this clear was around 15 years ago.

We did not see any spearable fish though it felt alot like being up on Winnie with the water clarity as it is.

If anyone hears of the northern fishing/spearing picking up at all try and post it. Marion is closer than the Hutch area spearing lakes.......

so when your talking about marion, how deep can a guy spear where he can see the bottom pretty good.

Little Wolf by jennie is spearable. Did farely good last weekend out there spearing.

has anyone been on collenwood??

I heard ramblings that Marion is clear up to 12'. Not sure how accurate that is but we were spearing in 6'-9' and it was like a high definition TV. Perfect for spearing but the fish need to cooperate more......

Little Wolf seems to go every other year. 3 years ago we stopped there cuased we saw 2 houses out there and we were sick of driving around. Needless to say, it was the most amazing spearing experience EVER. That weekend we had 2-3 fish in the hole at the same time. Absolutely amazing. Of course by the next weekend, my father had opened his mouth so the entire city of Gibbon was up there and fishing happened to slow to a crawl.....big shocker! We did end of going away from the crowd and ended up with some huge fish. For 4 guys we had a 14lb, 12lb, 10lb, 8lb and some eaters. We have went back each year though have never even come close to that year.

I have not heard much of any spearing reports around Hutch though. I did hear the Belle is about as clear as Marion so that might be an idea. Be CAREFUL on Belle though. There were open spots out there not so long ago.

i have not been able to get out around here due to the busy days that i had. I know that we are going to hit it hard after the 1st.