Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Where's Walter?

What Happend to Pike Dream's - Minnetonka Guide Service?

17 posts in this topic

Minnetonka Outdoors is out of business but Gregg's website "Pike Dreams" is still up. Does anyone know if he's still guiding? We've done an annual corporate event with him and his 14-20 person Quonset tent. Him (or his wife) haven't returned my emails or phone calls???!

Any info would be appreciated!

no doubt i used to love going to minnetonka outdoors

Word of mouth is that he closed the bait shop to do more guiding.

He is still guiding, and it sounds like he is catching fish right now

TR0PHYPHISHIN:

Do you have a contact for him? Do you know if he is still putting out the big ice tent?

U in the big tent in excelsior bay.

its not guiding, its tellin ya how to use spoon plugs. Anyways they couldent make rent.

Couldn't make rent on the tent??? Again, I'm NOT asking about the store. Want to know about group ice fishing. Thanks?

On the door of Mtka Outdoors there was an eviction notice that had been crumpled up and then taped to the inside of the window. Saying that the tenents could not enter the property with out the landlords permission, signed Sheriff Rich Stanek... Couldnt pay the bills?? I dont know him, so its not fair to say anything but I have heard nothing good about the owner of "mtka outdoors"... Im just glad to see Wayzata B&T get more buisness. But a shop on the southeast side of the lake will be missed..

Quote:

I dont know him, so its not fair to say anything but I have heard nothing good about the owner of "mtka outdoors"...

If it's not fair to say anything, then don't.

I didn't know them personally but I thought the husband / wife that ran the store were great - always friendly, always helpful, always shared advise, always willing to do a return or exchange if needed. Same goes for 1 or 2 of the guys that have worked there over the years. I am sorry to see them gone.

I just started ice fishing last year, only went fishing a few times last year, but I bought some tip up's, jigs, bait, terminal tackle, etc. from them. I found them to be very helpful to a newbie.

Greg and his wife are great people. It's to bad they had to close the store.

The people in that store were always good to me. Friendly service, generous scoops of bait, honest with fishing reports. I miss having them there. I think the rent on that stip mall was a little higher than a bait shop could handle.

I don't mind going to Wayzata Bait and Tackle when I head north but I hope there will be another bait store on the south/west side of Tonka. Minnetonka Outdoors was very convenient. I also miss Shoreline Bait and Tackle!

There is a BP gas station (formerly a SPUR) just west of the old Shoreline Bait on 15 in Spring Park. They have bait and a moderate selection of tackle. The bait I have purchased from them has been awesome!

Quote:

Greg and his wife are great people. It's to bad they had to close the store.

I'll second that sorry to see this happen.

I am very diappointed to see them gone. They were always so nice and have put me on some beautiful fishing spots. I hope something works out for them and maybe another shop in the future? confused.gif