Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rainydaze

Bites turning on!

4 posts in this topic

Alright folks the bite is on! The snow is starting to settle and the ice is getting thicker. Seems year after year the first ice bite isn't quite as good as the bite that settles in after what many consider "First Ice". Surely there are exceptions, and maybe it is that due to unsafe travel early, when the bite is harder to find. Whatever the case the bite is turning on, and the fish are feeding aggresively. If you've been waiting, it's time to take a few vacation days, call in sick, quit work... Just grab your fishing gear, fishing buddy and digital camera. That's all I've got time for as I've got to line a few more rods! FYI it is much more exciting catching fish than reading about it.

Good Fishing!

RD

HEY R.D.,

YEP, TIME TO START THE FUN, BUT STILL WITH CAUTION, THERE ARE SPOTS WITH 2" UP TO 12". DEPENDING ON CURRENT & SNOW. SEE YOU TOMMOROW NIGHT.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Hi guys. 3 of us are planning a first time trip for the Jan 19 - 20 weekend. Where is your resort, lake access and bait shop? And most importantly, the bar to share fish stories and eat a hot meal!

Looking forward to coming up.

B

Hey B-Fishin,

Welcome!

I'm a independant fishing guide. Might want to check out Woody's Resort the sponsor for this sight. The One Stop Shop will fill your bait needs. There are a few different areas to access the ice up here with one of the most common being the Rainy Lake Marine access. Many people will be fishing the Birch Point area shortly. Another will be the Voyaguers National Park access. Lastly there are a few fish lubricating pubs around with the Ranier Muni and Roadhouse night club being out on hwy 11. No vehicle traffic at this point with many choosing to simply walk out or stumble?. There are some people using sleds and atv's, but you certainly don't want to go out exploring quite yet. We had a bit of a tough evening bite tonight, but had a mink scamper right up to us on several seperate instances. Pretty neat! Thought he was going to eat Fishmeister! Funny thing was I just finished an article for the Outdoor News in which I referenced the many wildlife encounters on the ice! Good Fishing!

RD