Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
glojig

truck through the ice

glojig

Heard today of a truck going through the ice on Minnewaska wondering if its true? and if it is where abouts? any info would be great

PerchJrkr

Pretty sure its true, i heard it was over by priest's point. 14" of ice in one spot and about 4" where he fell through. pretty stupid to be driving around in that area anyway! i also heard he had his wife and a 5 month old baby with him.... STUPID. if you dont know the lake, dont be driving on it.

glenn57

WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING driving a vehicle on any lake anywhere in minnesota right now with ice & snow condiions as they are?

waskawood

I heard that it was in the bottle bay area. Hit a spot where the ice was thin. Full size ext. cab with 4-wheeler in the back. The good thing is everyone is safe. Be very careful. I have found areas where the ice goes from 14 to 8 inches.

mnfishman

I thought it was in Torgys bay at first but it is in Bottle Bay out in front of Don Sachs house. Full size chev extended cab, trailer and 4 wheeler at the bottom. I think the only two in the truck was the driver and his 4 month old daughter.

I cant believe they don't have the spot marked. I drove by yesterday and I think there was a stanley saw horse out there which I assume was the spot it went in. Figured the DNR would have been out there with stakes and tape to mark the spot as danger. Guess Kurt is too busy.

ghotierman

From the Pope County Tribune:

Truck goes through ice on Lake Minnewaska, no one hurt

A pick up truck now sits at the bottom of Lake Minnewaska after it went through the ice last Monday afternoon.

No one was hurt.

According to Pope County Sheriff Tom Larson, the pick up truck, driven by an unidentified young man, went through the ice into 15 feet of water around 4:51 p.m. near Bottle Bay, near Woodlawn Resort.

Also riding in the truck at the time it went through the ice -- a young woman and the couple's three-month-old daughter.

The vehicle reportedly hit a fresh crack in the ice when it went through.

Larson said the cause of the accident is likely speed and advises drivers not to drive faster than 15 mph on a lake.

"Usually when a vehicle goes through [the ice] like this, they're usually going pretty fast," he said. "When you drive fast on the ice, you create a wave ahead of the vehicle and if that wave hits an open spot in the ice -- like a fresh crack -- the vehicle can go through the ice."

In recent years, front ends of vehicles have gone through the ice, but Larson said he can't recall an incident over the last 10 years when an entire vehicle has sunk to the bottom of the lake.

The driver has 30 days to get the truck out of the lake or he may face fines.

The Donk

I'm sorry, but he should be facing fines and JAILtime for being a crappie father!! What the hel l is he thinking bringing a 3 month old out there????? Move this to another thread if you must, but there will be alot more people like me who think the truck down should be the last of his problems!

TJ25

Fines and jailtime come on now that a little too much, it was a accident. When you see full size trucks out there driving around since last week and for how cold it has been you would think that it was safe. Yes shame on him for not knowing and shame on him for bringing his wife and child out there but accidents happen and it just takes something like this for the rest of the people to understand that ice is never safe no matter what you see out there. I know if i go out to Waska i will be driving out there. You just have to take your time and be careful and even then nothing is for sure. ICE IS NEVER EVER SAFE EVEN IF THERE IS 2FEET OF IT. I hope it get really cold and frezzes back over that spot so a person can get out there at that spot and fish i bet there is some good fishing by that truck right now! HAHAHAHA

Take it easy out there folks

jensens

Thinking about heading up to Minnewaska tomorrow, but don't want to head up unless I can pull out my sleeper. Although it is pushing that 5,000 lb range so I don't think a 4 wheeler would quite cut it with all that snow. Does anyone have an idea if the guy that went through was pulling his permanent along with hauling his 4 wheeler in back? I know the obvious would say stay off the ice until it's 18", but can't live in fear my whole life. Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated!

TJ25

yeah i don't know if i would be pulling that out there but you never know. I do know that there is about 300 houses out there and some real big ones like yourself. I don't know the lake that well I have only ice fished it twice and that was before last week and i just have a portable so i walked out there (don't think i will being doing that again anytime soon. oie long walk back!) so i am not saying you cant do it. If you do it good luck and have fun there is alot out there to be caught!

hhguide

All were saying that their should be fines and jailtime for him if he cant get his truck out of the water! I know I dont want a truck polluting our lakes. Were not saying that he should just get jail time for his stupidity. Although it isnt very smart to be driving on the lakes at high speeds! I'm sure he has learned his lesson and will be more carful next time.

Heiling

By golly jensens that i mighty big sleeper!!!!! Where can I get one of them sleepers???? grin.gif

BobT

Word is they will be trying to get it out within the next day or two.

Bob

PieEyed

I might be one of the first to walk out but I'm usually one of the last to start driving out. I little exercise won't kill ya but driving your truck out might.

Keep your windows rolled down if you have to drive out there!

mrklean

Funny thing about that article, talked about high speeds well yea but another big probably is thin ice???? I would have thought they would have added that in there

An Area Lake

Pie-eyed, tried to send you a mail, but no go. where do I know you from?

jensens

Why Gee Heiling you're in luck! I happen to know a guy that makes them. Matter of fact I woula advise you to go to him because he has some pretty good prices. only problem is that they suck! I know I would never buy one from the guy. But I mean if low price is what you're looking for then let me know!

Heiling

JensenS Thats a little mean isn't it!!!!! frown.gif I would think that having a party SLEEPER like that you show a little more appreciation and gratitude TOOOOO grin.gif

PieEyed

Area Lake, I don't know? Why do you think you know me? The pm feature on here doesn't work. You can email me at big.walleye@hotmail.com if you want.

wasssit

Anyone have any pictures of the accident or more info. I'm glad everyone made it out o.k., i'm sure he had an accident in his pants, i know i would, wow. shocked.gif