• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I know a few of you travel the Echo Trail regularly, and wondering if you would mind giving me a report on how the Nels Lake Road looks. I would like to visit my cabin (first time in winter) but don't know if I can get back in by 4wd truck or if I need a snowmobille to get back to it. If I do pull a snowmobile on a trailer up there, any idea where I could park near the truck/trailer overnight on or near Nels Lake Road on the Echo Trail? Thanks in advance ...

I haven't looked at Nels Lake Road when I've been up the Echo, but you should be able to park your rig in the parking area at the intersection of North Arm Road and the Echo, which is pretty close to Nels Lake Road if memory serves. I've seen logging trucks and the county road grader parked there before overnight. Lots of room.

Thanks, that's good info. Parking there would give us a short ride in. I had considered parking somewhere in town and riding in from there, but we'd probably need to make several trips to haul in all the necessities ...i.e. - my wife doesn't travel light. North Arm is much more convenient.

Here's to having a great holiday ... cheers.