Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Burbot_King

Long Point

Burbot_King

Anyone have any reports for Long Point? Thanks.

walleyeking

I just back last night.. Fished friday half a day and all day Saturday.. Fishing was hit or miss.. Some of us did fiarly well, and it was slow for others.. 22-25 FOW..The front came through on Thursday and slowed down the action.. Caught more on jigging spoons than jigs..

Kingfisher

Two of us were up there for the 2nd time yesterday, this year the bite seems to start later in the day than previous years for us, we did not have much action until 11:00 which lasted till around 2 PM, by this time we had our limit of eyes, a 21 inch throw back, some smaller throw backs, we also kept 5 sauger. We are still fishing 24-25 fow, yesterday a gold rock and roll with a chub pounded on the bottom and held up a few inches produced the best for me.

Boar

Hey Kingfisher, did ya go east again an how far, are they letting trucks out? Getting real itchy to get my permanent set up. Later boar

Kingfisher

We used the snowmobile and weaved our way SE between the ice chunks down to the Birch Beach area.

They were not letting any pickup's out yet, there is an active breaker a short distance from the resort that was flooding and making things a little difficult for crossing. It shouldn't be long before you can drive out.

cluelessfisherman

Any pout yet?? I have had the best pout luck out of Long Point.

Kingfisher

We caught 3 Wednesday. uffdaa

Windy

Kingfisher,

It is amazing how the ice piled up by Birch Beach isn't it? Long Point looked real good besides the breaker being active and even most of the lake that I have fished as of late is decent for traveling. I know some of those ice piles are 8' high in places for sure.

Jason

www.hardwateradventures.com

hardwater@wiktel.com

grpd

kingfisher, just wondering my wife and i will be up and plan on driving a pickup to one of longpoint houses the weekend of 1-11-08 and I know this depends on the weather but you being up there alot etc do you think the road will be pickup accessable by then, met you at the resort a couple of times so probably will again this year, anyway, just your opinion

Kingfisher

grpd, The 15 day forecast looks like moderate temps. with lows near zero or below, my guess is that pickups will be going good by then. We are going up this Friday will check it out and give a report.

Hey Windy, I see you are in business on the lake, hope you do well and keep those Snowbears off the ice piles.

Boar

Headind up Fri, Also just cant decide on Long Point or Babblers, Babblers is 12 minuest closer to my cabin but last year at twin Island out long point I limited out on eye's every time. Hmmm tough call. Boar

tearin' lips

Dumb question, but does Long Point plow a road in the winter time?

My dad used to put a house out there back when I was really young. We stopped going in the early 90's. Since then when we have gone we always fish out of wheelers or morris.

Kingfisher

tearin'lips; yes; and they do a very good job of it, keeping bridges passable, plowing up to your house if needed, etc.

Boar

Ok, Long point it is, camper with a wide gold stripe, black suburban stop by an say howdy, thats if they let trucks out, this warm weather might have opened cracks. Boar

Wellesy

I'll second Kingfisher...they are great at what they do!

Kingfisher

grpd, The resort wasn't letting trucks out yesterday but were considering opening up for trucks this weekend.

Fish Toys
Kingfisher no fishing report? confused.gifwink.gif

grpd

thank you very much for your report kingfisher,I am feeling better about the Jan 11 first time ice trip for this year and then at least every other week until mid March. Good fishing to you

Boar

c ould'nt get out of Long Point on Sat.didget went out of Babblers to gull rock an did better than expected with the front that moved in 4 eyes an 4 saugs with two bonus pout. Missed some an put back some dinks. Sun babbler was'nt plowing with the wind so that sucked, had left my camper at gull an couldnt get to it so now have to wait till I get back there to pull it to Long Point. Boar