Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burbot_King

Long Point

20 posts in this topic

Anyone have any reports for Long Point? Thanks.

I just back last night.. Fished friday half a day and all day Saturday.. Fishing was hit or miss.. Some of us did fiarly well, and it was slow for others.. 22-25 FOW..The front came through on Thursday and slowed down the action.. Caught more on jigging spoons than jigs..

Two of us were up there for the 2nd time yesterday, this year the bite seems to start later in the day than previous years for us, we did not have much action until 11:00 which lasted till around 2 PM, by this time we had our limit of eyes, a 21 inch throw back, some smaller throw backs, we also kept 5 sauger. We are still fishing 24-25 fow, yesterday a gold rock and roll with a chub pounded on the bottom and held up a few inches produced the best for me.

Hey Kingfisher, did ya go east again an how far, are they letting trucks out? Getting real itchy to get my permanent set up. Later boar

We used the snowmobile and weaved our way SE between the ice chunks down to the Birch Beach area.

They were not letting any pickup's out yet, there is an active breaker a short distance from the resort that was flooding and making things a little difficult for crossing. It shouldn't be long before you can drive out.

Any pout yet?? I have had the best pout luck out of Long Point.

We caught 3 Wednesday. uffdaa

Kingfisher,

It is amazing how the ice piled up by Birch Beach isn't it? Long Point looked real good besides the breaker being active and even most of the lake that I have fished as of late is decent for traveling. I know some of those ice piles are 8' high in places for sure.

Jason

www.hardwateradventures.com

hardwater@wiktel.com

kingfisher, just wondering my wife and i will be up and plan on driving a pickup to one of longpoint houses the weekend of 1-11-08 and I know this depends on the weather but you being up there alot etc do you think the road will be pickup accessable by then, met you at the resort a couple of times so probably will again this year, anyway, just your opinion

grpd, The 15 day forecast looks like moderate temps. with lows near zero or below, my guess is that pickups will be going good by then. We are going up this Friday will check it out and give a report.

Hey Windy, I see you are in business on the lake, hope you do well and keep those Snowbears off the ice piles.

Headind up Fri, Also just cant decide on Long Point or Babblers, Babblers is 12 minuest closer to my cabin but last year at twin Island out long point I limited out on eye's every time. Hmmm tough call. Boar

Dumb question, but does Long Point plow a road in the winter time?

My dad used to put a house out there back when I was really young. We stopped going in the early 90's. Since then when we have gone we always fish out of wheelers or morris.

tearin'lips; yes; and they do a very good job of it, keeping bridges passable, plowing up to your house if needed, etc.

Ok, Long point it is, camper with a wide gold stripe, black suburban stop by an say howdy, thats if they let trucks out, this warm weather might have opened cracks. Boar

I'll second Kingfisher...they are great at what they do!

grpd, The resort wasn't letting trucks out yesterday but were considering opening up for trucks this weekend.

Kingfisher no fishing report? confused.gifwink.gif

thank you very much for your report kingfisher,I am feeling better about the Jan 11 first time ice trip for this year and then at least every other week until mid March. Good fishing to you

c ould'nt get out of Long Point on Sat.didget went out of Babblers to gull rock an did better than expected with the front that moved in 4 eyes an 4 saugs with two bonus pout. Missed some an put back some dinks. Sun babbler was'nt plowing with the wind so that sucked, had left my camper at gull an couldnt get to it so now have to wait till I get back there to pull it to Long Point. Boar