Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tcbrookston

Secret Lake

7 posts in this topic

Went out to a secret lake that had almost fished out a few years ago. The crappies are back. Not great size yet, but the numbers are good.

The lake has always been one that you only caught fish right at dark. 8 feet deep at its deepest.

Well, I took my 11yo and his friend out at about 2:30. They were board, so I said they could run the wheeler around for a while. They were as loud as a train outside the house and around and around they went. About 40 feet from the house. Dropped my first line and the action started. Fish after fish came through the hole as I got more and more frusterated that the boys were making so much noise. So, I sent them back to the house for a while. The fishing shut down completely when they left. After an hour, the mom of the friend called and said they were coming back out. As soon as they got to where I was fishing, they started to drive in circles around the house. Fish started biting again. Go figure.

There might have been something to the drives we did a few years ago out on a rice lake at the tip up get together.

Tom

I have had similar experiences with noise creating action,,,when they left I had to walk around my fish house pounding my shovel on the ice ,,,,that worked smile.gif,,,,, till my shovel broke frown.gif

Randoid

Tom I hope to see you on the ice again this winter

You will sometime I'm sure. We will have to get a tip up gettogether going on rice or something soon. If things ever slow down...

It is funny you mention the noise factor. There was a big drill rig on Birch Lake (north of Babbitt) this summer and I was hearing that people would fish right next to it and pound the walleyes.

We live right by the St Louis up by brookston and camp on the river often. The tracks run right next to the river. As soon as you hear a train, you better be ready for the bite to start.

Gee if I could get that 20w-50 to liquify in this weather I would take the harley out on the ice and ride it around frown.gif,,, on the other hand why not bring a teens car out with a bass speaker in the trunk and play some rap music,,,catch fish and have the place to my self laugh.gif

Randoid

Quote:

on the other hand why not bring a teens car out with a bass speaker in the trunk and play some rap music,,,catch fish and have the place to my self
laugh.gif

Randoid

If thats the case we should be catching them hand over fist in my Voyaguer Mod smile.gif