Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BreakTheBank

Shermans Flat or Garrison area

9 posts in this topic

How thick is the ice and anyone having any luck? Im heading up Friday and was hoping to put the big house out but dont want to go swimming.

I also might head up to garrison this weekend and wonder about the ice on "my side".... also wonder about wheeler travel..

went out of Garrison Sports last night, hit some big slush spots 1-2 miles out, a little spooky. Fishing was not the best, we caught 3, but they were "keepers."

I went out of Garrison on Saturday. We stayed within 200 yards of shore. We saw up to 8" on the bare spots and as little as 4" under the drifts of snow. I've heard conflicting reports regarding safe travel to the flats. The resort that my buddy put in at on Saturday told him the there was safe ice out to the flats from just South of Garrison. A post yesterday claimed that there were some cracks on the way to the flats that were up to 8" across. Three of us considered going out to Garrison Reef but we did not see one fisherman out any farther than Pike Point, across the mouth of St. Alban's Bay and just out from Terry's Harbor. I don't like to trailblaze on ice so we stayed and fished Pike Point.

I wouldnt drive out to the flats yet... A snow mobile should be fine though.

was out again today...made it back with no problems, where we fished, there was 8-11 inches...lots of fish, but they are still not hungery. Garrision reef would be safe, I drive by there with my sled on my way out

Hi guys this is my first post. I really like the forum,and hope to contribute as much as possible.I will be heading out this weekend to shermans flat for the first time this year. Maybe I will see a few of you guy's out there. Good luck fishing!

Welcome!!!!!! Good luck and Post your results (good or bad).