Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn57

fresh reports

8 posts in this topic

its been 4-5 days plus the weekend since anyone posted anything. is the slush going away,how much snow is up there any fish stories to tell?

Lotsa slush where we've been going,could use some COLD nites to freeze the slush,fish are biting ,....been catching limits of crappies everyday w/out trying too hard..........going after walleyes tomorrow and see how that pans out....................WW

I sure wish I knew where those crappies where biteing! tongue.gif

Spring Lake n. of Remer............hard to get to,but they should be biting there...............WW wink.gifsmile.gif

bmc, jasonwould REALLY appreciate a new ce sow report. ill do the hard part dealing with the fish. thanks.

We just got off our small lake by our cabin northeast of Deer River and there is about 9 inches of ice and some slush. There is still several inches of snow on the lake and 2-3 inches of snow fell last night (Friday). No vehicles driving on the lake yet of course. We saw people on Bowstring, Cutfoot and lots of people were quite far out on Winnie from the Birches access. No ice reports from any of these locations though since we were only scooping places to fish this week coming up!

Glenn,

I haven't been out since this past Wed. and that was over by G.R. for panfish. From what I've been hearing from reliable sources, most lakes have 8-10" of ice with some slush and snow on top. I have seen a couple trucks out on the south side of Big Ball Club where the spear houses are, but HAVE NOT heard of anyone else driving veh's on any other lakes. I believe it's still atv or snowmobiling out there. I'm hoping to get out later in the week, hopefully w/ some new goodies from Santa to try out! grin.gif We got a couple inches of snow Friday and it's coming down pretty good as I speak!

Brian

bmc,lisa, thanks for the reports. hoping for a little more ice. if you get any more info please let me know. again thanks.