Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhino__14

Union Lake Report

7 posts in this topic

If you are planning on heading to Union Lake in the next couple of weeks you will want to pack your waders and a large supply of your favorite beverages. Why waders? Well, most of the lake is covered with 4-6 inches of snow and as soon as a hole is punched you are in 5 inches of water. Why Beverages? You will need something to do while you stare at your blank vexilar or motionless bobber since the fish are on vacation.

Rhino__14 where did you set up. Sounds like a mess frown.gifup there. Anybody else out there?

Hit up a couple of different spots next around the public access and the west points with the same poor results. I won't hit my favorite spots until it freezes up a little more underneath the snow. I think the word is out on how slow it is because there were maybe 5 houses on the entire lake.

I don't know what happened but about Thurs. or so of last week, dark spots started showing up around the lake, probably cold enough to make some ice and set off some cracks. Now I see it's flooding pretty good by the access.

How much ice did you find out there Rhino?

Thats because you were drinking, BEAST. Right, Rhino?

MN Mike- Found pretty decent ice in most spots ranging from 7-9 inches. In one bay the ice was a lot closer to 12 inches though. Hopefully it gets cold again and refreezes the flooded areas then they should be okay.

Chuckster- The BEAST did not make an apperance...his uncle "Jack" did stop by for a while though!

Yeah Chuck - Don't you remember "Uncle Jack" fishing with us on Leech Lake last summer. I hate that guy.

FI