Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
portageman

Green Lake Crappies

9 posts in this topic

I hear there crappies in Green - I dont want to know where, I just want to know if there is any size to them. Is it like every other metro lake - loaded full of potato chip sized pannies?

There are some decent ones in there, but there is a 9 inch minimum regulation.

? min on Green near princeton? confused.gif I guess I would have to read my regs book but I have not heard of that....

Sorry - I am asking about Green near Chisago city

The 9" min reg is for Green in Chisago. The number of larger fish seem to be coming back a little but you still have to weed the small ones out.

sorry to many Green Lakes in the area and this forum is covering such a broad area!! Good luck

Yeah, there are crappies in there, but catching them 9 inches plus fish can be hard to do... Seems like most are in the 6 to 8 inch range...

I'll be down in that area for the holidays and people have said it's tough to get skunked out there? True? Where does a person access the lake? depths? Thanks!

You can check with Frankies Bait up there. They are usually good about pointing you in the right direction.