• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lotus?

portageman

Never fished Lotus before. I am lloking for gills and crappies. Where is the best place to access the lake.

It looks like there are parks on the north, south, and west sides. Is one spot better to access than another? Or are there any other winter accesses?

The one on the south end is where the launch is and the parking lot. I have never used any of the parks, not sure what the parking situation is there. I guess it probably depends on where you want to fish. If you plan on fishing the North end and you are not going to drive on the lake, then it would be a pretty long walk. I can tell you that the deepest hole is right in front of the launch but I'm not sure if the fishing is any good there though.

Good Luck....

I believe the only legal access is the one on the north side. Its in a neighborhood park. You drive down the hill to the lake. I've never fished this lake, but I live nearby. I guess I never hear great things about it so I don't venture over there. Maybe that's exactly why a guy should check it out.

Access it from the boat launch on the south of the lake, or from either of the two beaches on the NW bay or MAYBE -some people used to- from the park on the NE bay.

I was on Lotus last night, if your after gills and craps your looking in the right place! We caught 10 or 15 of each plus 3 ok sized eyes... You want to fish off of Carver Beach, theres a small parking lot right above the spot you need to hit. Go north on Powers Blvd @ Hwy. 5 in Chanhassen, then turn right on Carver Beach Rd., follow it around a right hand corner, then turn left on Ponderosa Dr. look for the lot on the left hand side, theres about 6 spots. Look for a orange perm and you'll see all the holes, just hole hop till you find the school... Craps aren't huge(8"-10") but you'll get enough for a good meal, gills are normal, and i've taken eyes up to 24" around the lake - Give me a shout and we'll meet up and catch some fish!:) Good Luck

[email protected]

If you're desperate enough, you'll keep those craps from Lotus! It's a great place to take kids because you will get some action. Pannies are small but plentiful. The eyes can be descent if you find them. I have fished that lake since I was a little kid. It used to be a great fishery back in the day when EP and Chan were nothing towns. It's sad to see how the quality of the fish has decreased over the past 20+ years!

PikeGuy101~

Where you one of the guys on the sleds yesterday? If so, thanks for the use of your Marcum to guide me a bit. sure was a nice night to sit on a bucket for an hour or so.

My buddy and I were the two guys in the one porty off of the pack around the point just a bit. Sounds like we caught the same small fish as you all. No eyes for us, though.

Ya that was us - nice seeing all you guys out there, it was a very nice night. Ryan, when did you head out? We were done around 8:30 or so... My buddy is the guy with the marcum that thing sure makes a differance! Do you guys fish Lotus often?

I left around 5, nothing to write home about, but was still a great night to be on a bucket! Way better than last night when I hit the dead sea that is Parley. One perch in 2 hours...ugh