Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigtime22

Anyone on 3 mile?

11 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has been out on 3 mile yet and if there were any results. I am heading up on Wednesday morning for the day and would like to have any fishing report. Any other spots that have been hitting early on. I dont expect exact locations, just some kind of direction would be appreciated.

9" of ice but not to many people out there this weekend.

Hows travel for ATVs out to 3 mile and the flats in general?

2 of us fished Sunday, ended up with 1 walleye from 12pm to 6pm. It was pretty slow at primetime. I only saw two fish come through between 4:30 & 6pm. Hooked both, one on a shiner and one on a rattle spoon with a minnowhead. We tried 24'-29' fow. It was tough going with the wheeler, lots of slush pockets. 8 to 10 inches of ice. Not sure how much ice was under the slush pockets. 12pm to 4pm we had a lot of fish on the screen but no takers. I'm guessing they were small perch. The aquaview would have helped. Good Luck

I havent been out there yet.. No ATV or Snowmobile to get there with.

Thanks for the info. I am coming up on wednesday morning and was going to hit that spot first. It will be my first time on the pond this season, cant wait to wet some lines.

I was out there tonight and the ice is plenty safe.. Went out from Appledoorn's on a sled.

Marked fish around a couple humps and ended up wiht only one bite, 14"er around 5:30.

There were a few slush fields and it didn't look like anybody had fished there soo... ?? Go fast....

last night I fished the flats, the 1st mile is fine, then the next 2-3 miles is a mix between frozen slush and big time slush, then after that it is fine again....look out for little hidden pressure ridges, we crossed two, and got stopped by one big one with water coming up. Fishing was slow, lots of lookers due to the amount of bait out there, we ended up with three fish between 13-15 inches.

Haha JD...I agree with you on the go fast part, one slush pocket we hit the sled was bottoming out...kinda creepy but makes for a good adventure;)

what resort did you guys go out of. is there a road out of liberty beach to 2mile or 3 mile. how much ice on 2,3 mile thank you

I go out of anywhere on the north and westside