Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
izzy150

lake travel

1 post in this topic

I have a week off after Christmas and was thinking about running up for a day or two. I was wondering if you can run a wheeler from Mckinley to the back side of Pine Island yet?I know it's been a little cool up there and I was wondering if that has helped make some better ice yet? My parents have a cabin on Isle of Pines so I fish the lake in the summer quite a bit. I marked a few spots this summer I want to try through the ice. Any info would be great. Thanks for all the help

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• northernfishin
      Much different lake from a week ago. Snow on shores and ice in reeds. Water temps were down quite a bit. 42 in main lake 45 in shallow bays. Had a few followers on spinner baits but no hits. 
    • smurfy
      looking like there could be some very interesting weather there tonight into tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
    • huntnfish
      Went fishing for a couple hours yesterday. Water temp was 48-50. It was a nice day to be out on the water. My arms and neck are a lovely shade of red to prove it. Make sure you're smarter than me and toss a tube of sunscreen in the tackle box before you head out. 
    • eyeguy 54
      Smoked up 4 for a test and really good!  Quite different than the crappies. Nice and oily and the skin peels right off. Scales are pretty big so a bit of a mess but easy peasy.  
    • eyeguy 54
      I attended an event Saturday out of Everts. Eye bite was really slow for the 20 boats but a few nice fish were caught. Got into a buncha white bass at the end of the day and it was game on.   Brined some overnight and smoked em up to try them. We thru cranks and swim baits all day.