Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PiKeGuY101

Camera Problems - HELP!!!

6 posts in this topic

I have a Marcum VS250 camera I got last year and the thing worked great until now! I have had it out twice this year and both times the screen freaks out and then drops to a narrow bar across the middle of the tv screen. It goes back and forth from freaking out to working and back again. I've checked all of my wires many times and put in a new battery, it does the same thing on the lake and even at my house after its warm! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

When I was out this weekend this happened to me with my Cabela's camera also. A new battery corrected the problem and it never failed afterwards.

Are you sure the new battery was charged properly? It just appears to be a battery problem...or a broken battery cable or bad connection?

When mine did this is turned out to be the cable to the camera had a short in it.

Thanks guys, the new battery was charged(i've made that mistake before!), I was woundering about the connection at the fuse - it seems pretty loose! I think i'll try that and see what happens. Orlip when you had a short in you camera cable did you replace the cable? or camera? how much? As of now I dont have a flasher so the camera is my only means of finding fish other than the lowrance/lakemaster chip!

My aqua-vu started giving me problems, and after a call to customer service telling me it was out of warranty, I decided to fix it myself. It could be as simple as a vertical hold potentiometer inside the unit on the circuit board that is out of adjustment, or possibly, like mine. Someone dropped it when they borrowed it, and one of the solder joints on the circuit board was broken. Fixed that, and the camera works great. I am not sure how easy it is to access the circuit board on a Marcum, but on the aqua-vu it was a lot of work and a tube of sealant to get it back in shape for the lake.

Tom

I had just purchased it from a bargain cave. The short was I think around the 30' mark. Anyway I just returned it so I cant say as to how much the cost would be.

If it is out of warranty try wiggling the cable to see if it corrects itself so you could narrow it done to that part then maybe you could patch that part.

Good Luck.