Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

Fishing Report for Sunday 12-16-07

14 posts in this topic

Perch are being caught off of Doe Island Reef. Some size to them but we need to sort threw them to get eaters. 13-15 feet of water has been best. Small jigs with waxies.

Walleye's are out in the deeper water off of the reefs and mud. 30-32 feet of water. Small Jigging Spoons with minnow heads. These 2 fish came from 31 feet of water and were caught with a 1/16 Go Devil and a minnow head. He also picked up a limit of eaters from the same depth.

John.JPG

John1.JPG

nice fish! at last, a good report! hope we can drive on soon.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Paul

I was the one that walked out at 7am this morning. My buddy and I also fished Doe Island Reef. We caught perch in about 19-22 FOW. Came home with 12 perch in the 10-11" range. 18' and shallower produced nothing. Some walleyes were mixed in with the perch from 2:30pm till 4pm. Ended up with two 15" and a 19" and my buddy lost a nice walleye at the hole, I could see it and he tried to get him up the hole and bumped the fishes head on the bottom of the hole and the hook came out shocked.gif. I would say the fish was somewhere in the mid 20's. All in all a good day on the lake, warm and barely any wind. Should be back sometime during the week.

Biff,

Thanks for the report. It truly has been a crazy start to the winter...the bite has not been what was expected and has been very scattered and sporadic. Nice to hear that you guys had a good day. smile.gif

Extra nice eye.congrats!gotta love the lacs!c63 smile.gif

That was an INCREDIBLE fish you caught there. I'm making a reservation and will be there. Watch out there guy with the BIG Walleye and move over. I'm going to catch his DADDY. laugh.gif Maybe his Momma too. Seriously, Great fish there fisherman!!!!

Paul,

Save some of those big ones for my group and I when we are up in mid Jan.!!!!

Paul,

As always, great report!!! How big was that Eye???

GoogleEye / TrophyEyes hope you see this post.

Gets one pumped up again!!!! See you soon grin.gif

Anything on tip ups and golden shiners????

Thanks Paul!

Great report as all ways. I will hit Doe once or twice this ice season and many times in late ice. Hope to see ya then.

That's one heck of a fish! Nice job and thanks for the report Paul. Makes me wanna play hookey from work and come up!

GoggleEye

Wow that is a great looking hog, I'm sure that made the trip worthwhile, Planning on Heading up sometime after xmas thanks for all the great reports, makes the work day that much harder.

Oh I saw that. Nice fish. I missed how long the fish was? I am heading out for the first time next week, however the wife gave me permision to do a weekend trip, so I will have to see what is open on the schedule.

TE,

It was just over 30 inches.

Very nice sir. Is that your biggest through the ice? I have never gotten a walleye over 26" through the ice. Then again I really only started hard water fishing 4 years ago.