Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bullheaded

Strikemaster auger question

5 posts in this topic

I had my strikemaster mag. express lazer out yesterday and it was working great. This morning I tried starting if and would not go. I removed the plug and put the plug wire back on it /ground and no spark it all. I went and bought a new plug, gapped it at .030 put the plug wire on it and grounded it and still no spark. Any ideas? Thanks Bullheaded

On OFF switch? Maybe the switch is bad. How old is the auger.

I've caught myself a few times trying to start it when the switch was set to off... tongue.gif.

about the only thing that goes bad on those is the On/Off switch, and occasionally the wire on the coil breaks. If the switch went bad, you should try to find a replacement switch at a Tecumseh dealer. The reason I say that is the switch on your auger is different then a normal toggle switch. When it is in the "on" position the switch is "open". When it is in the "off" position it is "closed". Closed means it is completing the circuit and what it is doing is grounding out the coil. What may have happened to your auger, and I have seen it a lot, the switch sticks in the "off" or "closed" positioin and keeps the coil grounded out and thus no spark. You can use a normal toggle switch if you like, but remember that off is on and vise versa.

Could be a number of things, but I'd heartily recommend stopping by their service center in Big Lake, considering you're in Andover.

I was in the area with a broken recoil, and I walked out of there having quite possibly the best customer service situation I've ever experienced. They checked my blade pitch, sold me an extra collar bolt (then threw in another with a wrench for free); all extremely fast.

Stop by, they'll take care of you!

Joel