Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ottertailguy

2001 Honda Accord squeaking when going over bumps ?

4 posts in this topic

Wife car started to squeak so I took it for test drive. After I got back and opened the hood and just had to push down above the wheel well to make it squeak. It was about 15 degrees out with 123000 miles on the car. I'm thinking it might be the strut. What do you guys think? Thanks for any imput.

It could be a couple different thing’s causing the squeak. I would not rule out strut though. I have seen control arm bushings, sub frame bushings and even sway bar links cause squeaks. I would say the best thing to do is have someone push down, while you are under the car. Try to pin point the location/area of squeak and report back. There are a couple other odd ball area’s I have seen squeak, tie rod end’s, c/v joints, but they are very rare.

Try spraying the rubber bushings with a penatrating oil. You will usually be able to rule out the rubber bushings doing that. A lot of times the upper strut bearings will get noisy with age. Being they are rubber also, you can pop the cap off of the upper strut mount and spray them down also. This trick does not always work, but usually does.

Typically it is rare for one of these to make noise. I would take a good look at the upper ball joint/control arm/bushings. Occasionally you'll run into one that has a worn out ball joint or bushing.

The penetrating lube idea is a good suggestion! spray one area at a time to narrow it down. The best part is if the squeak stops you fixed it............until it starts again!! blush.gifgrin.gif