• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

buying little propane canisters?

South_Metro_Slayer

does anybody know where i can buy little coleman propane canisters by the bulk, im sick of buying two packs. Really i just want like 1/2 a pallet of them for the ice fishin season, its just a payne in my a%# going threw these things my lantern my heater and my grill really eat em up any suggestions would be appreciated.

Maybe you could try Fleet Farm they sell them in 4 packs for about 8 bucks. The way they are displayed you could load the cart full. Or go with a bigger tank. Hope this helps.

I use a 5# tank for my heater and grill, and carry 2 1#ers for my lantern, single mantle lantern. I wish I had gone with an 11# pancake tank though

I bought a case (24?) of them at Menards this summer for $2 per can. Great deal. I wish I would have bought more. I know you can get them there in 24 can cases. Good luck.

I fill my own with a 20lb cylinder. get the adaptor from a fleet store.

the 20 lb cylinder should be somewhat full and warm.

put the green cannisters in the freezer for 20 minutes, tip your 20lb upside down with the adapter. take out the little one connect it and turn on your 20lber for about 20 seconds. turn off, and unscrew your little canister.

works great.

South Metro, that's a lot of work and depending on price, may not be cost effective. If you go through that many of them, I'd get a larger tank to run your stuff off of.

I would agree and just run your appliances off a big tank. So much cheaper.

I would try Fleet Farm first and or maybe call the stores and see if they can sell them to you in bulk.

I believe it is illegal to refill them!! buddy got nailed for $200 for refilling them

It is not illegal to refill and use the little 1# tanks. But it is illegal to transport a refilled disposable 1# tanks according to the (Contact Us Please).

I was going to buy the adapter and refill tanks but have decided that it is not worth getting fined.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat280026&id=0005936512325a&navCount=2&podId=0005936&parentId=cat280026&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=XH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat280026&hasJS=true

i too have refilled the 1 pounders, but not since one got too full and nearly burnt down my portable with me in it. the bottle developed too much pressure after awhile from warming up and my small sunflower became a blow torch. shocked.gif no good!

South Metro. Buy yourself an adaptor and get a 20 pound tank. You can then just exchange the empty for a full one every time you need a new fill up. I pay from $15:00 to $20 00 for a 20 pound tank each time I need a new one and I go though about 2 tanks a year with my Mr. Heater. The adaptor will cost you about $20.00 at Fleet Farm.

thanks guys i will probably have to get a bigger tank, ive only had a shack for a couple years now so.... thanks for the advice

There are cheaper ways to go but those 1# canisters sure are nice, easy and LIGHT. Except for my lantern, I can use either 1# canisters or 20#. Most of the time I'll use a 1# er and will usually get me thru my 2-4 hrs of fishing; always have a couple more in the fish trap just in case