Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
gregh

Jonny P or Kelly

gregh

Guys, Whats the chance the lake will be ready for driveing 1ton trucks out the 1st week of Jan.? I know we cant predict what mother natue will bring but I just needed to ask. Thanks

Random guy

Uff, tough question. So many factors play into it from temps to snow cover and even barometric pressure.

I really don't have a solid answer for that one. I'm going to go optomistic and say by then we might be ok for the heavier rigs but it is going to be close. My guess is you can go on with the 1 ton but I doubt anyone will get real close to you. wink.giflaugh.gif

Maybe Kelly can give a little insight to this when he gets in, I really could not give you a solid and safe answer on this one.

SomethingFishy*

I am also curious as I would like to come up over the new year 29th-2nd, would be driving a yukon with an 8x20. I will be watching to make a final decision until probaby a few days before.

kelly-p

The 15 day forecast does not have any lows below 0. frown.gif It's going to be slow making ice. I'ld say there is a slim chance of trucks that heavy out there in 2 weeks.

gregh

Thanks guys!!I guess I'll wait and see what its like when we get there.

SomethingFishy*

Quote:

The 15 day forecast does not have any lows below 0.
frown.gif
It's going to be slow making ice. I'ld say there is a slim chance of trucks that heavy out there in 2 weeks.

That is what I am afraid of. Hopefullt the weather will cooperate. If not I will be there once it is SAFE to come out. May need to look towards LOW as a secondary option or fish local with the portable.

gregh

Quote:

The 15 day forecast does not have any lows below 0.
frown.gif
It's going to be slow making ice. I'ld say there is a slim chance of trucks that heavy out there in 2 weeks.

Kelly or jon, How much ice usually do you guys need to have befor you guys feel its safe to let the bigger(1ton) trucks out?

Random guy

Quote:

How much ice usually do you guys need to have befor you guys feel its safe to let the bigger(1ton) trucks out?

We never feel safe with the big trucks on the ice. Once you think you are safe thats when bad things happen. Rule of thumb from the old timers is 18" of ice. The old boys that hauled timber swear you can do anything on 18" of good ice.

kelly-p

16 to 18 inches of clear ice and I'm feeling a little comfortable. When I'm plowing with the 1 ton (gas) tho everytime I get close to a snowbank or big drift my behind is clenched tight and my window down. grin.gif

The wind did move the snow around so it has lost a lot of its insulation, that will really help. Buddy has the main road clear of snow about 200 feet wide so that should freeze down fairly fast.

big drift

Quote:

16 to 18 inches of clear ice and I'm feeling a little comfortable. When I'm plowing with the 1 ton (gas) tho everytime I get close to a snowbank or big drift my behind is clenched tight and my window down.
grin.gif

I am not sure how to take that confused.giffrown.gifwink.gif

Scott K

Now that was funny! lol grin.gif