Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blueroof

bayport ice

8 posts in this topic

Pretty slow these parts. I've been putting a bit of effort into Anderson's point and out from Bayport park. Not much happening. Lots of fish stacked, not many willing to play. Is this the norm on the river? Hard to find holes without 'fish' at various levels...confused.gif I was out yesterday morning, the ice is coming in real nice. I measured 8" of good ice at the base of the break out from the park, it was only 3" at best last weekend.

Croixeyes, thanks for going out last weekend. Hopefully the x-mas bum rush doesn't treat you too bad and you can get out fishing soon. If I do find fish, I'll try to put a bow on some of them for you!

ICE QUESTION??? In a typical year are you able to drive up around hi-line point?

thanks, LB

Blueroof.....In a typical year were able to drive on the Croix around the 2nd week of Jan.If things keep going the way they have been that could be a good possibility.Driving on the Croix should not be an exploritory operation though.I usually wait for around 18inches before I trust driving although others will go sooner,we didnt get a good consistant ice base this year like in the past so ill use more caution.Good luck on your upcoming fishing adventures and be safe......

So there is some brave souls tackling the Croix. It has been quiet in this thread. Thanks for the ice update. Looks like I might be hitting the croix soon. The search for the elusive Croix slabbers, is a myth, legend, or is it extinct? Only time can tell.grin.gif Good luck yalls and stay safe.

i'll be out there tomorrow... prob same are you were at.. if you c a guy with a hand auger then thats where im at.. jus wanna test out sum jigs and lures.. ill c ya out there..

i saw a few wheelers out there yesterday , they drove out from the park .i haven't been out yet but it's killin me

Does anybody have an idea what the ice thickness is now?

i talked with a guy who was just driveing out with his wheeler today and he said from 4 - 9 inches

Blueroof,

You asked about going to various holes and having fish at all levels (or something like that), what you are finding often enough are adult shad....mmm good. Just kidding, well about being good eating.

I've snagged them jigging for walleye and viewed them on the camera.

Turk